Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8K Santamonica - Exhaust

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcolion

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: SB8K Santamonica - Exhaust Reply with quote

Has anyone installed any aftermarket slip-ons on Santamonica? I am interested to see some examples.

Also does anyone know if the front brake and clutch master cylinders are same as on DB7 or DB6 or DB5 or Ducati 1098/1198 or any other bike out there?

Thanks
Vlad
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2007 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'Or
2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some Yoshi's on a 6R I think. If you had a pair like an crossplane R1 they'd probably look right. You'd either need to cut and shut them onto your pipework or get links made down to the headers.

I've used an aftermarket Brembo radial on my Six, the colour and levers don't match but I quite like that. If you a matching pair without spending Ducati money fit a KTM pair from their big twins.
Falcolion

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
I've seen some Yoshi's on a 6R I think. If you had a pair like an crossplane R1 they'd probably look right. You'd either need to cut and shut them onto your pipework or get links made down to the headers.

I've used an aftermarket Brembo radial on my Six, the colour and levers don't match but I quite like that. If you a matching pair without spending Ducati money fit a KTM pair from their big twins.

Thanks for the tips. I just wanted to see the actual pics if someone made it. I know I would need custom link pipes but that should not be a problem. As for Master Cylinder question, I don't want to change them I just want to know the compatibles so that I can see if I can get diffrent levers for them

Thanks
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd need a picture to be sure, have a look for any number on them, but if they're "standard" type then I'd say they'll be brembo goldline standard Duke stuff ... but it's a guess
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you not see my exhaust system in pics? And ill get a piccy of my brembo front brake lever set up!
Falcolion

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akito-man wrote:
Did you not see my exhaust system in pics? And ill get a piccy of my brembo front brake lever set up!

I didn't see pics of your exhaust. As for brake levers I am interested to find out what other bikes they compatible with

Thanks
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fellow SM owner, I am not alone Laughing

One of the bikes I looked at buying from Italy had R1 cans on it as Evil suggested , with a special link pipe. Probably the way I am going to go when I get mine on the road.

Falcolion

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw picture of this bike earlier today. In the picture the exhaust bracket is moved all the way to the back so I am wondering if the owner fabricated a new bracket. I have also seen pictures of Santamonica Gobert Edition with Titanium Akrapovic and the mounting band is right about where the current connection is.

I just want to see more pics to make decision.

I actually looked at the following exhausts: Akrapovic, M4 (oval and hex), Two Brothers (M-2 Black Carbon) and Yoshimura.

Yoshimura has very nice TRC undertail pipes that are good looking but I think they are just a bit too short. I have measured the stock cans and they are 16 inches.
TRC undertail are only 14 inches with inlet of 2.25 inches = 57 mm

another possible option is Youshimura RS-5 - 14 inches with inlet of 2.25 inches = 57 mm

TRC Tri-Oval: One option that is actually even same length as stock (16 inches) is

M4 undertail exhaust have awesome quality and Carbon Fiber looks very rich. I had M4 Carbon on my Moto Guzzi V11 which I sold and the sound was very deep but not obnoxious

Two Brothers - I think is an awesome exhaust but a bit loud if used without Powertip. I have this exhaust on my Aprilia Falco and on my track only Triumph Daytona 600 and like them.
The length of the canister is 15 inches, inlet pipe is 2" or 50 mm which exactly what the stock pipes are.

So, what combo would you choose for your bike?
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for the yoshi trc pipes. Being slightly shorter would clean up the back end look I think.
zombie

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a bracket, on which the rear plate holder fits, which bolts on to each of the silencers - two large screws each side. its quite important for holding the silencers in place with the standard set up.

Probably is a way around it but you need threaded inserts in both silencers in the right place to keep things fitting in the usual way. But a couple or 3 of these around both silencers might sort things out.......
http://www.jcshi-torque.co.uk/product_tamtorque.asp
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like the look of them could you just machine a couple of extensions on the link to the mid pipes?
vort28

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interested in what you go for. Looked at those can's myself, its either that or have a set of custom ones made at Quill exhausts. Don't seem to be silly money and they will fit the link pipes also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: