Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8R - Special Information required

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmferreira

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: SB8R - Special Information required Reply with quote

Hello To everyone,

As I have the opportunity of purchasing a Bimota SB8R- Special, dated from 2001 in Portugal , I would like to confirm, if possible, if the decoration and lettering (that the seller refers as original from Bimota) is in reality as stated. (I've included some photos)

Due that all the SB8R- Special that I've seen that have found have red Bimota logos, with gold stripes, I found this decoration very unusual.

Can you please confirm me if there were any Bimotas SB8R- Special, sold with this white logos and golden stripe?

Thanks for your precious help in advance.

Carlos Ferreira

bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi carlos welcome to the forum,

As far as i know as a former sb8r special, this edition is not a stock bike.
Besides the different colour of the logos, the painting is a different colour black( it looks less glossy than the sb8 i used to have).
Altough it looks very clean and i understand that you think the bike came just
Like this out of the factory in 1999/2000.
I have a lot of articles and original flyers of the bimota sb8r special and they are all indeed as you discribe red and black.

Hope this helps you out.

(the gold instead of red it looks very very good but that you already knew). Cool
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the SB8R Special also had gold-anodised footrest brackets as standard.
That bike looks like a standard SB8R that has been re-painted (due to an accident, perhaps?).
cmferreira

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your precious help. (bimotacarbon and GeeKay)

I've also discovered that this (supposedly) SB8r -Special is for sale since long ago - and at a "attractive price" (around 7000 Euros) but even so it doesn't find any owner.

Here is the original link to the ad:

http://www.standvirtual.com/motos/Bimota/SB/M484354/

Regards,

Carlos
akito-man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the pictures carlos, its in good condition! But if the owner isnt honest about the questions you should ask , then steer clear!

1st- how come the wheels are not gold or black as standard ? Like rs model?
2nd- rearsets should also be gold or black too
3rd- indicators should be clear bimota front and rear!
4th- obvious colours on badging and black, ( red on tank)'

If the seller is honest, sbout making an sb8 into an r or rs lookalike and has a service history, straight bike, then it is a fair price! But if you cant get a local knowledgable freind who knows bimotas, then i would stick to a standard model!Wink
cmferreira

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the precious indications regarding this SB8R.

It seems that there are a lot of parts that don’t match to a standard Bimota SB8R – Carbon (footrests, wheels, badging)

It is true that it could be customized – What I sincerely doubt, due to the already “exclusive” model.

I will try to find a more “standard” model, since this peculiar SB8-R Carbon, doesn’t inspire me a lot of confidence.

Regards,
Carlos
akito-man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, if the owner is honest and you get history of this bike, what number on headstock is it?
It could be cosmetic to look like rs
It could be rs damaged and repaired with more resoursable parts,
Its 40 thou kmh, any mech history? They are better also with a pc111, does it have one?,rear carbon reg plate holder is missing, does it come with bike? , cans dont look standard, but hey if is clean straight looked after and the owner gives the right answers, yes its slightly different, but not a bad price,! But if your not sure, go for standard!Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: