Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Sorry, I got way laid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philfingers

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Sorry, I got way laid Reply with quote

I've been a bit quiet of late, busy at work and other bikes appeared in my 'shop. Quickly.. . . .

4 previous owners, 17k and probably 95%. Got it MOT'd and it all legal, ridden a few times but as a few other bikes have top notch suspension this really shows it's age. Rear damper needs a rebuild. fueling doesn't feel right, probably too rich on oil and fuel, need to investigate. I've already replaced the odd side panel and hopefully Oily is going to knock me up some new fairing mounts so rid the bike of stainless penny washers!

more here http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z143/oilphiluk/Kawasaki%20KR1-S/

This was bought on a whim. Cracking bike, very impressed, possibly the nicest box i've ever tried on a bike. It's got a heap of bill's I could guess at maybe £6k in bills alone. Comfy, not as extreme as the YB11. Quick and easy to ride too. Needs the belts doing and a general service. Not popular when they came out due to the looks, maybe too advanced looks wise at the point of introduction but the look has eased with the progress of time. It's thought they could be the next collectible Duke

more here http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z143/oilphiluk/Ducati%20999s/

Multistrada needs to go to a good home,

03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could not agree more about the 999s Phil. Nice early model with the F1 wings on the side panels look great. I had the first ever one into Los Angles dealers when the first came out. Loved it, and still do... Laughing Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget it is the most successful race winner of all time for Ducati.
philfingers

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say it's quickly becoming a favourite. The NC30 hasn't had a look in recently, I even took the YB11 out last week too. In comparison to the 999 it feels like a heavy old (& wide!) bus!
KR is a disappointment, as much as the 999 is a revelation. old stroker is gutless and when i had one 20 years ago I used it hard everywhere and now I find it hard to have that mechanical incompetance!
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this on them .. Laughing Laughing

LA5Q7879 by pompstar, on Flickr

This was at a track day on a little known track in the desert near Las vegas. We had to keep stopping due to Tortoises on the track. Because they are protected they couldn't pick them up so we had to wait for them to make it over themselves! Shocked made for a few long breaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: