Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New V-due Corse
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: New V-due Corse Reply with quote

Thought I would share with fellow vdue owners a few pictures of my vdue corse no 0400.

On day of delivery from Italy.

Getting ready for VOSA MSVA test.

Road legal exhaust fitted .

All a bit of a learning curve this as only ever registered a grey 400 before in 1999 and that was easy.

MSVA test.Prep for this was minimal really, before the strip down for the exhaust thought I would check all the electics. As soon as I switched the lights on or put an indicator/brake light on, about 4 fuse's would pop in the fuse box. After a few replacements and a bit of investigation I found the seat harness was trapped between the self supporting seat unit and the mounting frame, cutting through a few wires so they just earthed out and popped the fuse when power was applied. This noted the bike was then stripped for the road legal exhaust lent to me by Nige for the test ( Jolly pipes a bit loud Very Happy ), expanies on, seat back on, alloy cans under seat, cant attach cans to frame, seat back off, hanging frame off seat, attached to alloy cans, seat back on, bolted up, carbon side cans in place, can't get to bolts to hold carbon lower can on, so seat back off again, complete exhaust on, replace seat unit and bolt up. ( This is slightly compressed version, as not knowing how all the exhaust went together led to the seat going on and off like a pair of working girls knickers. )
Electrics repaired , and ready for MSVA.
Day of SVA was a bit manic, but got there in the end, vdue was tested first, wieght of front and rear axles, complete weight, brake tested, lights tested, up on the ramps for measurements and general once over, back down on the floor for the noise and emmission test ( Oh joy). Stared her up, vosa man asked if 2-stroke ( Question this does not sound good) Yep , I said, ( like I ticked on the form you have in your hand) , Oh, he says , we can't do an emmissions test on a 2-stroke, the machine wont have it . Great I though, So what happens now, I ask. Well we mark it down as passed , result, and as you have stamped exhausts on it, there is no need for the noise test Shocked Very Happy , so that left the pedestrian impact ballard thingy. Only thing he could say was the front mudguard had a leading sharp edge which is not alloweed anymore, so a bit of trim of the fairing sorted that out.

Form sighed, I'm good to go.

Get bike added to insurance under the frame number, and like a dog with 2 dicks its off to the DVLA. Go through forms with chap and yes correct form to register, SVA form, Insurance form, and were is the proof of manufacture age??? Well me being niave thought althought the Cerificate of comformity was no good to use as type approval as wrong format, it would be good to prove the bikes age as states the date it was manufactured !!!! WRONG .. A letter from the factory or the owners club on headed paper is required. Factory has yet to reply to my emails and the Glen of the Enthusiasts club has kindly declined my request for a letter, and told me to ask the factory.

So that is my current positon, trying to get a letter to confirm the age.
Hope this may be of help to anyone wanting to register a vdue.

Oh and a lot of VOSA test stations are due to close due to government cut backs, so be warned.

Last edited by vort28 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bureaucracy eh?
You've done well to get this far Stuart - I would have given up way back.
But then I would have bought Steve's V- Due and spared me the hassle! Very Happy
runesika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're almost there , could the paperwork even say it was made in 98 ? Mine was SVA tested in 2003 when it was thought that 2 strokes would not pass after that date and it was given an 03 number so hopefully you will get a "new" plate .

The bike looks lovely but to my eye needs the white triangle decal under the seat to break the carbon up a bit .
I thought all the V due,s had been sold by now , how many has Piero got left ?

Years ago at a bike show i was walking by the DVLA stand and a girl asked if i was interested in a private number ? i replied Have you got V 500 DUE ? and carried on walking , she tapped her computer keys and called out after me " i have DUE 500 V !!! " needless to say i was stopped in my tracks .
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would have bought Steve's V- Due and spared me the hassle!

Did think about it, but it did'nt have the Jolly pipes, and they are the dogs nuts, plus this one cost me less !!

Quote:
i have DUE 500 V

Now here's me thinking you put that plate on for your youtube video . Due 500 V , now that is impressive.
When you got a 03 plate was that because you couldn't prove when it was built, or did you choose to have the 03 rather than a 98 plate ? Did they try to charge you VAT on the bike as it was new ?
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread, thanks for that vort28. Looks like i'm going to need more paperwork Confused
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What paperwork do you have ? where are you located ? what bits do you need ?
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just sent you a PM before seeing your response. I actually have very little paperwork from the original owner/importer. My bike is the Corse track bike so I really don't know what it would have come with originally. I'm hoping I can get copies from Vdue.it.
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will help you age the bike.
Although mine came with some paperwork , it is no longer valid so I need to start from scratch also.
Am in the process of trying to get the DVLA to accept something to age the bike, will let you know when I achieve this so you know what you need.
runesika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i was very lucky with the number , the only reason i asked if she had V500 DUE is that i had it on my bike anyway and never owned it !!!

Last edited by runesika on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
runesika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My V Due was collected from Milan in June 03 , bike was pre registered on Italian plates because it was thought it would be easy to just transfer to UK number ( WRONG ) also the EEC emissions law was activated in June and it was thought at the time that 2 strokes would not pass after that date (also wrong ,as you now know 2 strokes are expempt )

Bike was SVA tested in May 04 and passed without any problems .

June 04 bike Registered on UK plates

Aug 04 Bike brought by me with 268 miles showing , import duty paid , VAT paid !

Maybe it was given an 03 plate as it was first registered in Italy in that year ?

I have the same dating paperwork as the one shown posted on this thread .

Hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other bike I got was registered in Italy in 2008 but made in 2004. I thought that would be easy to register in the UK like you, but how wrong was I. Needed to jump all the same hoops , but they accepted the Italian reg doc as proof of age.
All part of the learning curve though, just hope the vdue is all its cracked up to be when I can finally ride it Very Happy

Last edited by vort28 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
stockcar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an imported vehicle 'should' get an age-related plate according to manufacture date NOT import date although i have known various ones appear on import date plates Rolling Eyes
runesika

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in around 2009 i brought from Stafford Bonhams auction a brand new 2004 ZX 10 R ( i thought it was the wrong type of bike at a classic bike show and it would be cheap , it was ) it had zero miles was unregistered and in unmarked mint condition .
I filled the original dry charged battery with acid ,the tank with petrol and fired it up .

I resisted using it (not easy ) and listed it on ebay , the person who brought it said he wanted a new 2009 number plate and said he would let me know how he got on with DVLA . This bike had paperwork showing it was made in 2004 but true to his word he called me several weeks later really pleased he had managed to get a 2009 number , he said it was NOT EASY but i can be done , and why not it was "new" after all !
stockcar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its "brand new and unregistered" that would be correct BUT not if previously used/registered elsewhere...........
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I could , if I wanted , get a new reg for the vdue, as it has never been registered , but going to go for an age related one I think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: