Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New V-due Corse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs, the fact it runs on choke indicates blocked pilot jet Wink
Had the same issue on the 6R, a can of Wurths in the tank and a good caning sorted that little issue, all for about £7 Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
indicates blocked pilot jet

I am hoping thats all it is. Think it ran OK before I put the original pipes back on it for the SVA, obviously ran rough with the normal pipes on but not sure if that was the pipes of the bike.

Anyway front pot that is down , swapped plugs etc, and still always the front and as I have'nt got much time over the next month it wll have to be a can of your cleaner for now.
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not realising they do 2 and 4 stroke..........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wurth-Petrol-Additive-2-Stroke-150ml-All-Motorcycle-Scooter-2-Stroke-/200766419449?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebe9c71f9

...No idea what the difference is but it's good stuff Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a little play with the carbs before I left for my hols but no joy. On my return the 2-stroke fairy had not been in and fixed it, but some carb cleaner and air line has cleared all the jets now, idles were blocked, and plenty of sludge/crap in the float bowls but purring like a baby now, just need some time to take her on a maiden trip. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Norbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like you had a lot of problems with the runng of the bike . i read about cabs flooding and led bulbs blowing and cant replace them plug fouling and so on and people saying you cant ride them for more then a few hundred mils wothout something gowing wrong. The V due section makes intoresting reading . I bet it sounds nice with the pipes though if it revs clean without splittering or anything.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bonding at first is always required with a Bimota, but vdue fired up first time over the weekend after its winters sleeps, and suns out today so made it to work also, however I was an hour late as seemed to take the wrong turn on the way and ended up out on some country roads somewhere Shocked Oh the joys of spring Very Happy and boy does she have a bit of a kick now I've turned the oil down and allowing her 1500 more rpm , role on 500miles, cant wait.
Norbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many do you have now . If your riding this one and the new one with the same set up or are they the same bike.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has about 350miles on it now, missed half the summer getting it registered and learning the way of the vdue , but now that we understand each other the vdue starts first time and is loosening up nicely .
The other one has 5 miles on the clock.
Norbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you done all the mods or looked at what ever needed to be looked at on the other one just incase that has the same problem . it seems a lot of them have a lot of problems even when new injection or carb . infact mostley with carbs as far as i have read . the injetors just need repositioning from what i gather . Was out on a ride at the weekend with a V due rider with injection bike and ran fine they were repositiond by the bloke who had it befor in . i used to hacve carbs on it but they were taken of for the injectors to be refitted in a diferent place. so he was telling me any way . But ofcourse yours are the latest ones and never had injection to start with so barrels cant fit them.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the repositioned injector version puts them in the same place as the carbs would be rather than the direct injection position of the originals. Depending on what level that carb bike was , it may have completely different carbs and airbox to mine , as the original carbs/airbox were alot more restrictive.
Is your mate on here then ?
Norbo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is the corsa any way so as i understand the fastest and best of the lot
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines a corsa and had injector barrels rather than plain ones, I think they fitted whatever they had to hand but it doesn't seen to cause any problems with running. It just runs a bit rich as I have JM pipes as they are quieter and you can fit standard taillights Smile bunged about 90 miles on mine this weekend to warm it up, no probs Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain stopped play today unfortunately , but 2 days and 120 extra miles on the vdue now, running alot better now the oil has been turned down but still a little rich me thinks .
First few corners I took on Monday though , nearly hit the inside curb , forgot how quick this thing turned , and the new wheels and tyres just made it even quicker. Laughing
Got home last night , sun shining , 2-stroke popping , life just don't get much better !!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then the kids, the dogs and the wife appeared Crying or Very sad
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims -" and then he woke up"

will be nicely run in for the TT Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: