Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Old - but New to me Evoluzione Corse
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Old - but New to me Evoluzione Corse Reply with quote

Having had a long chat to vort28 last week who was incredibly helpful I was also encouraged to put some photos up of my new to me V due that I picked up a few weeks ago. First dry day for a while so I got it out in the sun and here are a few photos.

I am aware that the small panel below the top fairing and the V peice are missing, I've got them but haven't had a chance to go over the bike yet. It had been running fine and I was well chuffed with but today it would just cut out for no apparent reason so a bit miffed now Crying or Very sad

My intention is to try to get it SVA tested and registered to make it 'official' but prepare it for the track where I think it belongs for me Twisted Evil

I shall try to keep this updated with progress.

And yes, it is the one tested in Performance Bikes Cool
runesika

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a picture of this bike with a naked woman draped naked all over it from the original test , she spoils the center spread !!!!

I think it was a rsv.net bike owned by a Paul Brigland (something like that) who started to import V due's some years ago . Lovely .
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly Very Happy

I can't decide whether the smell of the two stoke or the seat is better Twisted Evil

runesika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what brand of oil you're using , but it's a close call either way .
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is one great looking Vdue.
I must take some or pictures of mine now, you put me to shame with those. Although I will refrain from getting the girlie to pose in any, that will not be a pretty sight. Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nice looking and without the headlight, are you going for a daylight only MOT?
Those black wheels look good also, are they BST's?
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good -mine was a Corsa when I bought it for Piero and I still prefer the look of the pipes -until the aluminium bracket holding them on broke!!! Have you checked to see if you can SVA it as a daylight only?? I had to put the lights, indicators etc etc on it to get mine through. Very Happy
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments Smile

The wheels are BSTs Very Happy With regard to the SVA test I do have a box apparently with everything required to get it fully road legal which is what I intend to do for the SVA test, I don't know but I doubt whether they accept anything less Question

The photo's are of the bike as I picked it up hence none of the road gear fitted as yet. I'm quite busy with other stuff so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to do it all but hopefully in the not too distant future, and before I start using it on track days otherwise I may never get it done.

My intention is to have it mainly as a track bike, I used to race and started with an Aprilia RS250 so I'm hoping/assuming it's going to give me as much but hopefully more pleasure than that did Very Happy I'm going to be looking for some race bodywork and spares so first port of call will be Piero but if anyone has any other idears for some suppliers of race bits then please let me know.

I was going to look into getting some Jolly Moto's for the underseat look as well as the reported better mid range power curve but I'm now thinking I prefer the look of these Corse pipes so will probably stick with them; unless I find that it does need the mid range for better drivability.

I can't wait to get to ride it Cool
runesika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your expansion chambers look to be standard road bike pipes with corsa end stingers , the standard chambers are very heavy made from mild steel .

I brought from ebay some time ago some stainless steel hand made expansion chambers from Hungry , they fitted really well with the Bimota corsa stingers but a smaller LED rear light is needed to make room under the tail piece .
Like you i think the corsa pipes look better than the jolly motos .

I did post some pictures called " mystery exhausts " on the other V due site that may be helpful if you can find them ![/img]
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well spotted with the pipes, mine were standard expansions with the corsa ends - and very loud. I remember the mystery exhaust on the multiply vdue forum.
I had the "box of bits" but it required a few more "extras" such as rear brake pressure switch, front brake micro switch, headlight, horn and standard exhausts + bracket so I hope it is a big box!! I can always help out as I have most of the parts to get through the SVA.
Ive done about 6000 miles on mine without too much trouble, and 3 visits to IOM and track days. The only issue Ive found is the that the front is very softly sprung and dives a lot under heavy breaking, but Trev in Aus might be able to help as he races his. pm if you want any help
brian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian , we are not that type of forum Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Any more pictures .
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Performance Bikes July 2003 - think you will find your bike in it Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Brian , we are not that type of forum Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Any more pictures .

Oops.. sorry chaps, i didn't realize that the young lady had forgotten to put her shirt on! I was just posting anouther pic of Ballsout's bike Rolling Eyes
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Bike? I can't see a bike Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: