Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

shoulder injury
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: shoulder injury Reply with quote

so,when at work,your too stubborn to stop doing something that is hurting,and you decide to man up and continue through the pain barrier,yes ,you might have ripped your trapezius muscle(half your complete shoulder muscle),but because you continued,your ripped your nerves too.

result,so far 6wks off work, stoopid pain,as in numbness,achey arm/wrist/hand/lots of stoopid boring aching pain,lots of drugs physio,no sleep,and now the muscle is repaired tho weak,the nerves arnt, yet. Crying or Very sad

wot a dick, therefore, no driving or bikes or anything else that involves moving really. Rolling Eyes

take care, and fook manning up! let someone else man up if it means that much to them! Mad
morebhp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH joy - I know the feeling - the day my SB6R turned up I tore a muscle in my shoulder putting it onto the paddock stand of all things! Three weeks of bugger all - no cycling, swimming, motorbiking, jet skiing, etc!

A bit crap isn't it! I manned up after a week and it pagered it up again, so I decided to play it soft for two weeks and OK now!

Hope its back soon!
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you a speedy and thorough recovery!
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: shoulder injury Reply with quote

akito-man wrote:
so,when at work,your too stubborn to stop doing something that is hurting,and you decide to man up and continue through the pain barrier,yes ,you might have ripped your trapezius muscle(half your complete shoulder muscle),but because you continued,your ripped your nerves too.

result,so far 6wks off work, stoopid pain,as in numbness,achey arm/wrist/hand/lots of stoopid boring aching pain,lots of drugs physio,no sleep,and now the muscle is repaired tho weak,the nerves arnt, yet. Crying or Very sad

wot a dick, therefore, no driving or bikes or anything else that involves moving really. Rolling Eyes

take care, and fook manning up! let someone else man up if it means that much to them! Mad

I know the feeling, 3 years ago I snapped my achilles tendon, left leg, stupidly trying to get fit, lose weight etc, playing badminton. Had achieved the first 2 aims but then carried on playing 3 times a week. 3 months in a plaster cast up to my knee on crutches, then 3 months in a removable walking boot. Tried stupidly to put my boots on one day, leg/ankle was still swollen, boot got stuck and wouldn't come off....Had to OD on Ibupofren and go to bed with the boot on whilst the swelling went down, anything other than cut my boot off. Oh how I laughed.... Laughing It was another 3 months before I tried again. Still suffering soemwhat but still riding, the ambition to get back on board will see you through, and get the physio and stick to it (Being NHS it will consist of stretching a large rubber band)
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: shoulder injury Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
akito-man wrote:

I know the feeling, 3 years ago I snapped my achilles tendon, left leg, stupidly trying to get fit, lose weight etc, playing badminton. Had achieved the first 2 aims but then carried on playing 3 times a week. 3 months in a plaster cast up to my knee on crutches, then 3 months in a removable walking boot. Tried stupidly to put my boots on one day, leg/ankle was still swollen, boot got stuck and wouldn't come off....Had to OD on Ibupofren and go to bed with the boot on whilst the swelling went down, anything other than cut my boot off. Oh how I laughed.... Laughing It was another 3 months before I tried again. Still suffering soemwhat but still riding, the ambition to get back on board will see you through, and get the physio and stick to it (Being NHS it will consist of stretching a large rubber band)

Some years ago, my father snapped his Achilles tendon. He had to have carbon fibre sewn in. How cool was that. I've always been jealous. ummmmm carbon fibre.
Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that make him any lighter? Wonder if you can get titanium bone and carbon fibre muscle replacements on the NHS, always looking for a quick fix to lose weight Laughing
You got "Bimota Forum" back on at work Oily? Have you found a covert way of logging on?
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Did that make him any lighter? Wonder if you can get titanium bone and carbon fibre muscle replacements on the NHS, always looking for a quick fix to lose weight Laughing
You got "Bimota Forum" back on at work Oily? Have you found a covert way of logging on?

No, still can't get on. It's not "blocked" as such, just hangs on a blank screen for hours (literately). Other site's such as facebook etc come up with a big page that leaves you in no doubt that "your organisation has blocked this page". Not so with Bimota forum, just won't load.(does load about once every 20-30 attempts) Only website I have trouble with Crying or Very sad
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
akito-man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANYWAYS- back to the shoulder Mad

Yep, elastic exercise time( gentle)
The injury sustained are 1st rib affected and the nerves supply my arm and two back/shoulder muscles, which have depleted , and my other ones have been compensating causing " winging" to my blade, and spasms which are painful and a vicious circle of inflamation!

So- gentle bagpipe excercise and wall shove and elastic to start to progress the two weak muscles! Still getting sore neck and back pain, pins and needles in hand /wrist , which is good - better than numbness i had, which is bad!Wink
MARTIN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michty me Ive thoct ive logged onta Dr Findley casebook files,nae
somthin tae dae with on Bimota beasties.

Ye mustive bin ooer crankin yer handle min !!

Yea want to spik aboot real injuries try pittin yer sacrioliac joint oot
Did at o er the winter, jings !!
I hid tae lie flat oot, or bide fully up just tae tak a dump, an a couldnae
get ma bricks back up.

I wis in agony just lettin go a fert !!!!

(00) SB6 (95) HD FXDWG STRETCH (01)GSXR1000K1
morepower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.............. I snapped my acrcomyoclavicular joint which is just held in place by ligaments.... Not fun and the pain lasted about 3 or 4 months... It will never heal and an operation is an option but has a 50% rate of failure.. Take care and hope the muscle sorts its self out soon.... Bad news about the nerve damage though... I have damaged nerves in the other shoulder and that plays up from time to time... Nothing will sort it out... Pain killers just dont work....
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oofsh, martin mate, sare wan tha, khen! How dya dae tha? Fksake, musta fekin hert tha! Ohyabhouy!

Morepower- thats what im talkin about, thats a sore one , ive been getting mine strained as theres been muscle compensation issues on movement, and usually shows up in the mornin when the painkillers have worn off, like as if somones drilled into the top of your shoulder and put a ball bearing in their! Hope yours is ok now , and martin, how long did urs take to fix? Coz that would have been a personnal hell as the drugz i have for nerve damage make you slightly constipated! Shocked
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds sh1te, nerves/ligaments are the worst injuries. Good luck with the recovery Smile I was lucky to get away with it too much after I did this in 2009, but it'll never be right Sad :

Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballsout Racing wrote:
That sounds sh1te, nerves/ligaments are the worst injuries. Good luck with the recovery Smile I was lucky to get away with it too much after I did this in 2009, but it'll never be right Sad :

That looks EXACTLY like my wife's shoulder x-ray before the second operation - when they removed three of the screws.
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, not good, have you had the pins/screws removed out of the head of your humerus? Restricted movement? Fk sake !

Well today my forearm has been aching same as arm pump, hope its nerv repairing itself, drugz ease the pain, ferls like a muscles going to burst/pop,! Getting more movement, need to keep exercise on rhomboids in back!Wink
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akito-man wrote:
Oooo, not good, have you had the pins/screws removed out of the head of your humerus? Restricted movement? Fk sake !

I don't know where they removed the pin from, yet, as I haven't seen an x-ray after the second surgery. After the first surgey, they told her to start working on mobility of the shoulder, and then she ripped a bone/ligament loose, again. After nine weeks of that, with limited mobility and lots of pain, she had the second surgery and has essentially not used the arm for the last four weeks. We are hoping that the small bone fragment bonds and she won't need another surgery. We don't know how much mobility she will regain or if it will health well enough to not have any pain. I figure it will be a good year before she really knows how complete it will heal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: