Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Synchronize mantra carbs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bidalot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Synchronize mantra carbs Reply with quote

So, yesterday I tuned my carbs with a Dynojet kit stage 1 with 144 main jets to begin. The kit is sold with 150 mm jets too. I think it's a bit too large.

On the worshop stand the carbs seem to work well. Now I have to improve them on the road. I will tell you more in few days.

Before riding, I would like to control carbs synchronization.

I have a carburetor vacuum synchronizer (a "carbtune") and I've already synchronized MIKUNI carbs on a ducati 900ss. Very easy.

But I don't understand how to proceed with the Mantra because the depression screw of the front cylinder is connected to the fuel pump.

To synchronise the carbs you need to plug the tool on both admission pipes, so you need two holes and the fuel pump...

On the Mantra you can see a hole on the admission pipe for the rear cylinder, but nothing for the front cylinder except the fuel pump plug...

There's nothing about that in the worshop book.

Is there any Bimota special tool to plug the carbtune on the front depression pipe ?

How do you proceed on your mantras.

Thanks a lot.
deebee4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Synchronize mantra carbs Reply with quote

bidalot wrote:
So, yesterday I tuned my carbs with a Dynojet kit stage 1 with 144 main jets to begin. The kit is sold with 150 mm jets too. I think it's a bit too large.

On the worshop stand the carbs seem to work well. Now I have to improve them on the road. I will tell you more in few days.

Before riding, I would like to control carbs synchronization.

I have a carburetor vacuum synchronizer (a "carbtune") and I've already synchronized MIKUNI carbs on a ducati 900ss. Very easy.

But I don't understand how to proceed with the Mantra because the depression screw of the front cylinder is connected to the fuel pump.

To synchronise the carbs you need to plug the tool on both admission pipes, so you need two holes and the fuel pump...

On the Mantra you can see a hole on the admission pipe for the rear cylinder, but nothing for the front cylinder except the fuel pump plug...

There's nothing about that in the worshop book.

Is there any Bimota special tool to plug the carbtune on the front depression pipe ?

How do you proceed on your mantras.

Thanks a lot.

Just plug (close up) all vacuum lines connected to the intake manifolds and only use the 2 (one each manifold) for the vacuum gauges. Connect external fuel tank at high level (gravity feed) Then synchronise.

That should work.
bidalot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand your idea, I don't need to connect the fuel pump to the carbs.

I can connect directly the external fuel tank at high level to the carbs and it'is enough to run them.

I will try this week end and let you know...

Idea
bernieclose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Synchronize mantra carbs Reply with quote

Hi, My name is Bernard, I know this is a long shot, after reading your question , I noticed you have a Workshop Manual for a DB3 Mantra? I have put an on this forum for a Manual but no luck, I would like to ask if you would Photocopy the Wiring Diagram for me? I will pay you for it. As I am having trouble with some of the Dash Board Lights, Oil Light, Charge Light, there is power to the bulb holders, and the Bulbs are ok, but they are not Lighting up, so I need a wiring Diagram, could you please hhelp/ Regards Bernard.
bidalot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Bernard, send me your email by PM.

I think your plastic bulbs holders are dead... You can find them on the bay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: