Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Speedo Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Speedo Drive Reply with quote

looking for a Ducati speedo drive suitable for a 20mm spindle.......
Could do with the speedo cable too Wink

Anything gathering dust out there before I widen the search area?
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=See-All-Categories&_from=R40&_nkw=ducati%20speedo%20drive&_sop=15

Evidently lots out there, quite staggering how many breakers list the second hand stuff at the same price of a new one, circa 40squid. Measure what length of cable you think you would need though Oily, with enough slack so that it doesn't get tight and snap when forks are at full extension, or when manouevring the bike around, as I say new cables from Ducati (in stock) are only 9.99 and probably cheaper than second hand also

You will find that Doocati "nuts" are just that, they'll pay a premium for 2nd hand stuff jumping on ebay first before trying their local dealer to see if they are cheaper than old stuff

You could also try the following:-
Ducati Coventry 024 7633 5300
or
Baines Racing 01327 858885
Or
Mdina Italia at mdinaitalia.co.uk or on 0845 680 9005

I have cables lying around but are for the pup, they are generally 27inches or 69cms in new money, but I had to cobble 2 together to get the right ends and the right length, as under hard acceleration uphill the cable would reach its limit on its original length and the outer casing would pull away from the innner, losing the speedo
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm thinking your right and I'm going to have to go for NEW Shocked

..Just checking that none of you strange doochatee peeps aren't hoarding one in your caves Laughing

...At that price, I'll defo buy a new cable, the length is easy.....SB6 length Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well theres always Duc Mcr also who have stock as I said, and they'll post out also, their number is 01619739572, check your length and whether small and small ferruled ends or small at drive side and large at clocks, and they'll dig a drive cable out of their box also
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: