Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New DB8 sp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tassie v2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: New DB8 sp Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new here have belonged to a Ducati forum because of Ducati ownership. I'm the latest owner of a DB8sp in OZ. 300 km done so far Anyone here to chat with re DB7/8's ?
brian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day mate and welcome to the forum from another Ausie. Congrats on the db8, they look like a real weapon. Plenty of fantastic roads in Tassy to do that db8 justice... i'm jealous as hell.

Plenty of good info here and some very helpful chaps too. Not a lot of chatter about the new bims but that could be about to change Wink

Cheers,
Brian
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
tassie v2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send down some Qld weather for us please, hate wet roads. I'm interested in how anyone with DB7 or 8's have sorted pipes fuelling mods etc. My bike is not mapped how it should be, half expected this as all my other Ducatis have had the same problem. I have remapped them with TUNEBOY with outstanding results. The 8 is running a Walbro ecu so its different from the Ducati set up. It displays typical lean fuel mix 3000-5000 rpm (to meet emission regulations).
Also what has everyone done to remove the catalyst ? It looks to me as being the bottle neck to what could be a good std exhaust . 2 pipes into a square box then finding 2 pipes out to the muffler ?
djt77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya, I have a DB7 and know of owners of DB7 & 8 here in Perth, you shouldn't have any issues with fueling being a new bike. Drop me a PM about CAT pipe.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have weakened again and just bought the 200hp upgrade from Allan at FX Powersports , comes with a reflash of the ecu, filter and TT pipe. So i figure it should get sorted as a lot of work has gone into the upgrade map. 200 sounds optimistic but we shall see. Need to put a few more kays on her before change over .
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure that will be enough? Shocked Welcome to the forum Tassie, sounds like Tasmania is a hidden gem for bikes?
djt77

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to post up pictures, ESP once the new system is installed.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainatly not short of curves and corners. Oustide of Jan April the weather leaves a lot to be desired. Local track has closed for winter too. Hope to be returning to Italy for September so that should break winter blues. Will visit the factory at Rimini as i once lived 20 km from there and visit friends anually
Check out the pipe i bought on Bimota Australia web under acsessories. That cat on the std exhaust must kill the performance of 1198 . Anyone ditched this and what was the difference
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gutted the standard pipe on my last DB7 and biggest diff was prob the weight, this time ordered part from race team as didn't want to do the same to the Oro's exhaust. I wasn't taken with the look of the arrow system, need to see one fitted first.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you Daniel with the new Oronero I've read about and Allan said he sent one to WA ? Very, very nice. That one I might be a bit hesitant riding. I intend to give mine a good workout though. I like the Zard can but the header pipes are a bit ordinary. I agree the Arrow looks a bit race bike but I know its going to wake up the 1198 , as it really feels half asleep as is. Ill post some photos when fitted. I think I'm getting pipe #3 of 20 made and signed by some artisan in Italy.
Does your under tray above the rear header pipe get a bit to hot ?
regards all Marcus
Razz
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya, yea I'm that Daniel. Just over 2500km logged to date. The exhaust does get very hot next to the under tray, but seems to be bit better now few more miles on bike, at first it seems silly but got better.

Congratulations on your bike, might go for the arrow in the future but quite happy witnbike at the mo, first thing first waiting to get the carbon tank sorted as only came with standard not carbon version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: