Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Solution to SB6 falling from side stand

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sapila racing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Solution to SB6 falling from side stand Reply with quote

I found an original Bimota sidestand on ebay a while back, that they made as replacement for the original ones.

It identical to the original excpet it is 1,5 cm longer and it also has a little hook so that you can open it easily with your boot. It's the best solution to the well known problem and I bought it for 30 Euro.

It also needed another spring as the spring pin is slightly relocated, so I used one from a Ducati Monster.

Seaching on ebay is the solution to many problems.
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is an item we need to find again!
sapila racing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:

This is it!

http://cgi.ebay.de/Orig-Bimota-Seitenstaender-Neu_W0QQitemZ290325229239QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorrad_Kraftradteile?hash=item4398bb6eb7&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with my DB2 so i did the same thing as i did on my 916 tightend up the mount bolt so it will not flip up unless you move it with your boot Very Happy Very Happy sorted
rpo83

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapila racing wrote:
Pompey wrote:

This is it!

http://cgi.ebay.de/Orig-Bimota-Seitenstaender-Neu_W0QQitemZ290325229239QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorrad_Kraftradteile?hash=item4398bb6eb7&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30

Thanks for the link, i won the stand last night! Interestingly, i coiuld not find the item, when i searched eBay from Australia, but yoiur link worked.

Cheers

Steve
sapila racing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:

Thanks for the link, i won the stand last night! Interestingly, i coiuld not find the item, when i searched eBay from Australia, but yoiur link worked.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steeve,
This sidestand is just great, an original Bimota item that solves the problem. Of course they could have made it liek this in the first place...

Have in mind that on mine I had to replace the side stand spring, as the pin is positioned differently on this longer stand. I used a spring for a Ducati Monster and it works great.

I'm glad I could help a fellow Bimota enthusiast.

Aris
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: side stand mod Reply with quote

So, got sick of waiting for another after market stand so finaly got around to modifying the old one. First thing is... saw in half! Down the centre core is a hole which I drilled and tapped for an 8 mill bolt. Threaded in a bolt cut the head off. Placed a spacer over to increase length. Got a piece of tubing the exact diameter to slip over the fix and long enough to fit snug against the stopper. Took a while to make sure the foot sat squarely on the floor and also adapted the stopper to prevent to much rotation. The angle is now perfect and the foot is flat and less stress!
madasfook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut in half Shocked i feel a bit sick i think i will have to lie down
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like a good cake... got to break the eggs first. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: