Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Somethings Coming............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to say db5 as well
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
I'll vote for a DB5R.....at least that is what I would want. Cool

Couldn't be an "R" surely not, they're rarer than DoDo Droppings, having only made 30 or so, and all in Japan methinks. There is one in the UK on permannent display at Woods Motorcycles in Abergele North Wales, but thats the Owners pride and Joy and he's never selling that
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I wasn't aware they were that rare, I know they are a fair improvement over the original, you sure only 30 made?
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Couldn't be an "R" surely not, they're rarer than DoDo Droppings, having only made 30 or so, and all in Japan methinks.

I've seen several of them on the USA market and there is one on the US eBay right now. I've actually seen more of the R than the S for sale. I've never seen the yellow DB5S for sale, which is the one I like the most.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bimota-DB5R-/261054885152
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hia Desmo, you want a yeloow one???

Here you go

http://suchen.mobile.de/motorrad-inserat/bimota-db-5-wie-neu-k%C3%B6ln/158690928.html?lang=de&pageNumber=3&__lp=4&scopeId=MB&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3400&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModel
Variant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Motorbike&segment=Motorbike&negativeFeatures=EXPORT

Link for DB5R in US please?

Last edited by 2bims on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Link for DB5R in US please?

I added it to my above post while you were making your post.

With the two towns listed being over 290 miles apart, I would like to say that this is another DB5R for sale over here, too...

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2008-Bimota-DB5R-100629769

I love the yellow one. I actually had the official Bimota photo of the yellow DB5S as my wallpaper on my computer for a while.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Found it now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261054885152&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

really would check US ebay more often but its the shipping cost and Import duties that just throws it out of the equation, and then theres some Americans that wont sell outside of the US?? Evidently none of them on the Forum coz they'd then know what great guys the rest of the World has to offer Laughing
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
AEvidently none of them on the Forum coz they'd then know what great guys the rest of the World has to offer Laughing

Maybe they are on here.....and know all about you and oily! Shocked Razz Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Desmo, I was adding whilst you were adding, I did think of the yellow one, but I have enough yellow, and I like my "tri-color" theme anyhow and ain't budging from that....
Don't know if that other one you listed is different or same one as its evidently a library picture and the words come from Motorcycle-specs motorbike review. Other than that the crankcases on that "library" photo are standard cases but with a completley closed clutch case, with no removable cover to vent it. Whereas the one on ebay is the Magnesium cased covers both sides from the 1100DS engine and has the Carbon Bimota Log'd clutch cover. Not that I'm an expert on DB5R's or anysuch, or related to what I may be buying or any such Crying or Very sad
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Don't know if that other one you listed is different or same one

I was thinking the same thing as they are both in New York. I figure with the 290 miles separating the two towns listed, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
2bims wrote:
AEvidently none of them on the Forum coz they'd then know what great guys the rest of the World has to offer Laughing

Maybe they are on here.....and know all about you and oily! Shocked Razz Laughing

Ahhh Desmo....I could almost be offended (well, if at my age I could be bothered to give a monkeys anymore Laughing )

I'm sure though if Oily wasn't on leave he could be offended at being grouped together with me Laughing
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Ahhh Desmo....I could almost be offended (well, if at my age I could be bothered to give a monkeys anymore Laughing )

There's nothing better than harassing potential greatly-removed/distanced relatives. LOL
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Desmo, glad to see you back in the foold, and hopefully you and the Mrs riding again soon??? Bikes that is, Oh Ah... well, whatever riding that is, meaning Horses or,.... well you catch my drift Laughing
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Cheers Desmo, glad to see you back in the foold, and hopefully you and the Mrs riding again soon??? Bikes that is, Oh Ah... well, whatever riding that is, meaning Horses or,.... well you catch my drift Laughing

The wife had a second surgery on the shoulder about five weeks ago or so and still isn't really using it. The knee keeps wanting to buckle, but they aren't sure if they will do another surgery on that or not. She's figured her year is shot for riding. I have her R1 ready to take to Computrack to see if they can straighten the frame, but there is no rush on it.

I started commuting on the bikes, again, two weeks ago. Been mainly riding the GSXR-1100 and the Ducati ST2. I am taking the rest of the week off, starting tomorrow, and am hoping to look at the DB2 to see if the strater is fried or it it has a bad cable (corrosion on the crimped connector, I hope). I may work on a few other bikes, too....or simply take them out and ride them. The wife's cousin is coming to visit for a few days, so that may be my excuse to go riding.....I hate to see how rusty I've gotten. I'm hoping the DB2 is an easy fix. I would like to start riding it, again.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a sneaky little main fuse on the DB2's hidden in the headlight binnacle, just above where the regualtor/rectifier fits. I checked mine a while ago and ....there was no fuse in it?? But everything working so must have been bypassed many years ago due to its stupid position, Old Ducati 900SS have one in same position but theirs are a wire between 2 brass terminals.. Fuse should be a 30amp, other than that, yeh I'd go for corrosion on cables and earths. Glad to hear you're riding, not so glad to hear the Mrs convalescence is taking longer than hoped Crying or Very sad

Just a quick addition, my kill switch used to play up a few times when I got her recomissioned after 7 years sitting, Used to waggle it on and off and it would then start, but prior to that all electrics would be fine but push the button and nothing, no click, no whirr etc. After I bought a spare it never played up again so still have the spare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36

Jump to: