Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Somethings Coming............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
...will have to sharpen my spanners and weight up my bodge-it Lump hammer in anticipation until it arrives Laughing

Gulp Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick shuffle around in the garage today....told all the bikes to "breath in" and hold their breath...pulled out the 2-stroke tinkers which are being prepped for forthcoming bike show

Seems to be room

Delivery Van man cometh...I asked him to hoike up his pants as there was visible "brickies cleavage" initially....

Sneaky peak inside

And down she comes

Typical Bimota leaning tower of Pisa sidestand angle...at least its not one of those darn suicide stands.......

Lowish mileage and quick check of lfuids and under tank/seat unit shows it to be a pretty clean example and fairly recented serviced....fresh brake fluids etc...

And now to see if she fits.......Squeeze in boys and hold tight....

Yup....knew I could get another one in there......At least post Xmas my time is now more properly to be occupied
rpo83

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, i thought i was struggling for room!!!! How the hell do you get them packed in so tight!

The YB9 looks very nice Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
DB1 860

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And weren't you going to mow the lawns before Christmas
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB1 860 wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB1 860 wrote:

I've let my bamboo go crazy over our dry summer....that completely shaded the lawn....so no more lawn...and mower surplus to requirements (which was part of my intention.....wasted time spent...)
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
Jeez, i thought i was struggling for room!!!! How the hell do you get them packed in so tight!

The YB9 looks very nice Smile

They're all on their respective sidestands but with chocks of wood suitable sized under each one to have each just a few degrees off vertical...which helps relieve pressure on the LHS fork leg to reduce its chances of leaking....and the odd bike is in a front wheel chock...….What helps....Most...is that 4 out of 5 Bims at the back have skinny Ducati air cooled engines....no big in-line 4's or radiators making them fat...
mick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: somethings coming Reply with quote

Steve......I don't get it if your not married why are all those bikes in the garage and not in the house !!!! ?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The house just isn't that big...theres already 2 in the dining room (including your DB1...keeping it warm and dry for you)....Although I have recently measured my lawn and compared its size to the 4-man tent that its in the garage...seems a perfect fit...…...and at 6 foot high it could become a temporary workshop/storage facility.....
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also has to be said...Have you tried "bending" a bimota through internal door openings and through hallways?.....Bimotas do corner well but apparently it doesnt apply when indoors.....and I have a special trolley on castors made up for the back wheels to help manoeuvre them but it still aint so easy.....
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello....l am afraid that it is happening again

Booked fights to Italy

Could not bring myself to fly Ryanair......paid more and chose SqueezyJet

Cannot say any more but by mid February I should know.

Don’t think I am as brave as Shay001 (crazy Australian) but who knows

Regards

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More
More... Tell me more....honda engined vyrus??...
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:
Hello....l am afraid that it is happening again

Booked fights to Italy

Could not bring myself to fly Ryanair......paid more and chose SqueezyJet

Cannot say any more but by mid February I should know.

Don’t think I am as brave as Shay001 (crazy Australian) but who knows

Regards

Gavin

Having read more closely...I see that you've booked "fights" for Italy...I didn't know you were a cage fighter...more of a "Giant Haystacks" wrestler I had you down for...... Laughing Happy journey...break a leg
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YB9SR resurrection coming along nicely.....with a freshly topped up battery and fresh fuel in a clean tank she actually coughed on the first prod of the starter button.....after a few wheel turned bike in gear cranks and fueless and pumpless cranks of the engine to get some oil moving around I was pleased to see her fire up and happily idle away under free throttle control and no choke.....Arrow can is a "little louder" than I had anticipated....
Headers actually very clean....not sure if standard Bimota or not...theres 4 spung held headers going into 2 N0. collecters...that go into one each then into a 2 branch collecter then a one branch open can...

Clean as they were..I still couldnt help myself throwing some "magi-clean product onto them...waiting five mins and washing off...

Always amazed how quick, easily and effectively this stuff works with next to no effort....

Bike came with new tyres still wrapped up in their protective wrapping...so it was long overdue to take off the old worn but well scrubbed tyres.....

And...a new record....Bike is 1996 yet tyres on it when delivered show a date stamp of...Ahem...2nd month of 1987....yup...some 9 years older than when the bike was made....a mere 32 years old...plenty of good miles still left in them....

So....mark up all crucial torque setting bolts on swingarm and wheels/spindles and calipers and get the thing up in the air once the securing bolts were all loosened....all of them had a reassuring "crack" indicating still in there initial torqued up position since the day she was born...and not a seized bolt amongst them...

Never like using the abba front head stand but it does do its job in some strange gemoetric fashion thats beyond my comprehension

Coolant system has been fully flushed out and a few extremities removed to be further refurbed...radiator and thermostat housing....rear shock removed to be refreshed...nothing untoward so far..

And a big thanks to the extra pair of hands that assisted me in the Manchester grey mist yesterday despite the 2.5 degrees celsius mercury indication......

Theres a nice retirement home nearby my place where you can take one of the old dears out for a day and let them relive their olden memories of twiddling and spannering on bikes.....So I obliged in "employing" one of them for the day as my grease monkey.....Of course being there an age gap there was the usual arguments of 12mm or 3/4inch...and apparently Newtons of Torque for rear wheel at 100 were beyond his comprehension....Good Old feel/Pounds he had to convert to and check my Draper torque Wrench accordingly...Which is difficult to do what with the need for wearing gloves and his wooly hat pulled down over his eyes...Bless him...have to keep these old boys well wrapped up....cant take them out of the home unless they are...what with it being British winter time...and so many of them likely to fall victim to its clutches....

Bike is now MOT'd and road legal....so V5 application time has occurred looking for a new age related UK registration and get it to turn its wheels on English soil for its first time (although perhaps I'll try the road first before going off-road)

Apologies if I lost my rag occassionally to the old dear....."its not my first Rodeo"....blah blah blah.....but once fed and watered he seemed happy with his day out and promptly made his way back home....Hopefully he'll be back to readily assist in its full restoration complete with his imperial socket set and vernier calipers no doubt....

Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and a "big Thanks" goes out to my local friendly bike shop who gave a sterling "while you wait" service in striking off the old rubber and pinging on the new hoops all nicely balanced up....Promptly encouraged by the provision of a box of biscuits of course.....it was either give the box to the tyre fitters or let "grumpy old man" eat his steady way through the entire contents.....never before has one man provided such tea for one person

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 25 of 36

Jump to: