Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Somethings Coming............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Stunning Reply with quote

That is a thing of beauty, congratulations Cool
yb11reno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations 2bims. It must’ve felt pretty good to have snagged this, for as long as you’ve been chasing it.
I think the DB5 is one of the prettiest bikes out there - but then I’m biased. And this is one unique DB5. I love the black and gold combo.
Do you remember seeing this in the storefront back in 2007 when it was displayed. Did you ever think you’d own it?
Tell us your connection with this bike, and details of it. Are the fairings carbon fiber like on the DB5R?

And then, like you said, the dilemma. Leave it bone stock as is? Or do little changes here and there on things that bug you?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djt77 wrote:
Well done thats looks fantastic, are you planning on keeping your other DB5?

There looked like a few other Bim's in the pictures you posted there, I assume from the previous owners collection. Were there many other special bimota's in the collection you could share info on?

Once again, congratulations

Of course I'm keeping the other DB5...as its a DB5R....with the bigger 1078cc engine....mag cases....full race zard system with titanium end cans...and Oz wheels....and slipper clutch...and upgraded radial brembo masters and race accossatto levers......Wash they mouth out with soap and water...Sell a Bimota???...how dare you....

Other bikes? Not sure....this was a shot taken by the courier at his secure location "darn south" as we say up North....as lots of bikes and cars have been moving in and out of Europe/UK pre-Brexit in case theres a tax imposed on ALL imports and exports to and from EU/UK....as we have supposed to have left by now.....Even James May and Richard Hammond have been clearing out "surplus to requirements" bikes from their collections pre-Brexit...selling to Mainland Europe
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yb11reno wrote:
Congratulations 2bims. It must’ve felt pretty good to have snagged this, for as long as you’ve been chasing it.
I think the DB5 is one of the prettiest bikes out there - but then I’m biased. And this is one unique DB5. I love the black and gold combo.
Do you remember seeing this in the storefront back in 2007 when it was displayed. Did you ever think you’d own it?
Tell us your connection with this bike, and details of it. Are the fairings carbon fiber like on the DB5R?

And then, like you said, the dilemma. Leave it bone stock as is? Or do little changes here and there on things that bug you?

Nah....I dont really do "shops" or "shopping" unless its bike related and try to stay away from London itself let alone its shops....too busy down there....if you google "Harrods+Bimota" with no spaces theres lots of motorbike magazine articles in many languages telling you about it....but with few if no photos....and all the articles seem to clone one another as they do.....

Stock or Mod?? Hhmmm...I do have a proposal in the offing but nothing firm yet.....Gold cotton reel bobbins at the back...res pot lids of course....and then theres that dry clutch stock Ducati Cover....I normally rip off anything that says Ducati on it from my Bims.....Platinum Billet vented cover? With gold anodised pressure plate? Black top hat washers and shiney bolts?? Not sure yet....evidently anything taken off would be cleaned and bubble wrapped after being wrapped in finest Egyptian cotton ….preserved for its next owner.....As we are all mere temporary guardians of such things of Marvellous Beauty...…..
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....The BImota FOrum has broken its previous record of most people on here of yesterday.....152 people were on here today....The 1st of April...….My job is done...the patient has been brought back to life....and now the Surgeon can move on to Pastures new...…..Ciao....Arriva..Derci
CNC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being very lazy for quite a while... and dropped off the forum for few years. But I have heard that Bims is acquiring something very special: the rarest from what was already a rare bike.

Congratulations for the find and I'm sure that the bike couldn't got better owner.

Enjoy posh black and gold combination!!!
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims has now been banned from the forum for buying such a ghastly thing which doesn’t conform to his OWN theme of tricolour 2 cylinder Bimotas!

So I’m posting these on hiss behalf as proof of ownership..... looks to be his humble abode....

'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And tucked away safe and sound inside. Tastefully placed under the gold and black Egyptian paintings..... quite fitting really as it’s worthy of being amongst King Tut’s possessions.

'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh from MOT

TVRRICH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, what a find. I remember Steve posting a while back asking about the whereabouts of these bikes, did the leads to buying this come from that post?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRRICH wrote:
Fantastic, what a find. I remember Steve posting a while back asking about the whereabouts of these bikes, did the leads to buying this come from that post?

Theres only really one person on here whom I can thank for that.....so thanks....as yes....its whereabouts were made aware to me by said kind person.....that happens to be the said same person that helped me in providing drawn up sketches and measurements some 9 years ago tomorrow when I first joined this Forum in my search for the correct discs for my DB2 that I had just snagged from a Pistonheads Website......Yup...its been a wonderful 9 years since I first signed up...and...some 5,892 posts since that day....

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=2691&highlight=#2691
Gavca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Congratulations on the purchase, 2bims! What a find! Beautiful machine!
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now then....Which Helmet should I choose to go with my DB5 Black and Gold Borsalino bike???....Not bad prices and I'm leaning towards the cheapest one for sale on here already.....

Helmets made of course in Italy...by the Borsalino Company of course...How could I ever choose anything else??

https://www.icasque.co.uk/Motorcycle-Helmets/Borsalino/
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it....Just missed out on buying a Borsalino Gold plated watch priced t over 700 euros.....which went for just over 100 euros...Mind you it did sell some 2 years ago....Ahem...

https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/10618039-borsalino-watch-men-s-wristwatch-year-2008-never-worn
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But....I did just snag this

You are going to "love" this one....and yet piss your pants laughing at the same time at my sadness.....Just snagged this item on Ebay….and dont forget it says "vintage"....as its a "range" that the Borsalino company ventured into but dont do anymore...Not only will I be able to tell the time Borsalino style in Black and Gold...and have the presentation box...but also I will be able to smell like a Borsalino Italian..... Be prepared....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321322682017
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 31 of 36

Jump to: