Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Vdue rear hugger
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Vdue rear hugger Reply with quote

Raining outside and playing in the garage, noticed SM swing arm looks very similar to vdue and the hugger on the vdue is a bit slab sided and dated , un-like the rest of the bike , so 8 bolts later.

From this

to this

and this

to this

Not sure if the SM one suites the Vdue, but what you guys think?
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i prefer the original one, not sure... send them both over to me and i'll give you a better opinion Laughing

Be carefull taking too many covers off those bikes at once vort, in case somebody walks into your garage un-announced! Rolling Eyes
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening time during the week in your "man cave" Whats up has the wifey left you and taken the kids with her?

My votes for the SM on the V-due, but not until you get rid of that 12 year old rear tyre, best keep it covered up until you change it Laughing
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girlie was out having her hair done, and I was under strict instructions to fix her mountain bike, so that was 5 minutes on that very difficult task, and then an hour on the Vdue !!
Think the SM one looks far more modern but am not sure if it is a tad short.
So we have 1 a piece, SM and Vdue, just need for some more traffic in the gloomy parts of the forum to cast their votes.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the huggers not too short for the SM as you'll never take it out in the rain anyhow, so as long as its long enough to catch rubber and road crud and stop it messing up the rear shock then you're sorted, porbably the same with the V-due? Or is this to be your winter Hack??
runesika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the sm one looks better than the original , the original one is looking dated as you pointed out and when you see the two side by side the sm hugger looks way more modern , having said that i still don't think it's right for the V due and one more in keeping with the look of the V due would improve it even more .
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i still don't think it's right for the V due

I know what you mean Runesika. Amazing that something can look so right on the SM and then so wrong on the vdue.
I think I will have to find some time to experiment with some sort of mix of the two. Because apart from the hugger the vdue could pass as a 2012 bike, as the styling does not seem to have aged.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get it ridden man - its not an ornament!!!!!!!! No one will look at the rear hugger anyway as they always look at the exhaust pipe plumbing and then say "is it a 2 stroke"????, followed by "how many cylinders"?? and what size engine is it"?? at which point you lose the will to live rapidly and leave the growing crowd in a haze of smoke for the nearest petrol station Very Happy Very Happy !!!!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll probably add it himself, but after getting it Vosa tested and sorting the date of manufature out, the DVLA accepted it all and then said "wheres the MOT certificate?" So its still not on the road yet Crying or Very sad

Ruddy DVLA make you junp through a thousand hoops
runesika

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are feeling brave or you have a spare one i think "holes" cut into the sides of the hugger following the original shape to show the tyre sidewalls + making the rear of it "sharper " is the way to go . You first !
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He'll probably add it himself

Yes, Yes , thankyou 2Bims.

My jubilation of getting my documents accepted by the DVLA on Thursday was indeed followed by a call on friday saying that although I have had it SVA'd I still needed an MOT, why I dont quite know as since when do they weigh and calculate brake force efficiency etc on an MOT ?, the vosa people did ? Anyway , so close now I can smell the castrol R, MOT booked for tomorrow, and then ring the cert number through, and its done, she will be registered !! Maybe !!
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Quote:
He'll probably add it himself

Yes, Yes , thankyou 2Bims.

Anyway , so close now I can smell the castrol R, MOT booked for tomorrow, and then ring the cert number through, and its done, she will be registered !! Maybe !!

Well?????
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of about 10 minutes ago, the DVLA has now confirmed all s in order, and she will be registered TODAY !!!!!

God , it's like wining the lottery.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news -unpack the waterproofs and ready for a run out on Sunday!!
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent last Sunday in the rain, boots were still wet yesterday when I used the SM for work, plus away for a few weeks after this w/e, so lots to do!! God I need a job like 2bims Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: