Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SPA Biker Classic 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be interested GeeKay, thats if I can come aboard to the "iinner circle" Laughing
Still want Libya/Morocco/Egypt also to finish the Med off?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep - N Africa still to do in the future. Next year will (hopefully) see me reach Athens, or Istanbul if I can get the extra time off work. Planning already under way and contact made with the extremely helpful Istanbul cycling and motorcycling club.
morebhp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
Now - do I know anyone in Spain......................... Wink

No problem - I have just the place for you - http://www.marbpent.com - biker friendly, private underground parking and just an hour from Tarifa where you can get the ferry across to Tangiers, do Morocco and tick off another continent Wink
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul - that looks great!!
except -
1) I think I may have to sell a bike to fund a week there.
2) Its a bit on the large side for a single traveller (Billy no mates) Very Happy
morebhp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem - you can pitch you tent in the parking space then Wink
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tent? whats that then?
If it hasn't got 3 stars or more above the door, I don't go in.......... Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
tent? whats that then?
If it hasn't got 3 stars or more above the door, I don't go in.......... Very Happy

Yeh but thats only because you like to park your bike in the room and sleep in the car park

Billy No mates, Billy never phones anyone more like Laughing . You'll have to get a daytime job dude, but then you'd have less time off for your trips.
Crying or Very sad
I have a mate that does nightshifts and gets time off in lieu at double time. He has to have 5 sets of different mates so that theres always at least one available for Holidays Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morebhp wrote:
GeeKay wrote:
Now - do I know anyone in Spain......................... Wink

No problem - I have just the place for you - http://www.marbpent.com - biker friendly, private underground parking and just an hour from Tarifa where you can get the ferry across to Tangiers, do Morocco and tick off another continent Wink

Looks very nice, presumably its your place? I notice the lift travels from the underground carpark all the way to the top flat that sits on its own. Is it big enough to fit a motorbike in? Laughing GeeKay would be booking straight away
morebhp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMmm not sure about getting a Bimota into the lift - I have carried a few weird things up like a 3 man kayak which needed to be put out of the windows at each end of the corridor, but I've not tried a motorbike - yet Wink

I did used to carry my TZ250 upstairs into my office over the winter months - but I think the TZ was probably about 100kg!
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Mantra has slept rough on more occasions than it has been garaged. Being left out in the Spanish sun wouldn't bother it at all. Apart from losing the clock in Switzerland, who's gonna nick it anyway? Very Happy
The fact that it would, and could yet, get me to Spain, Portugal and beyond, rather than being locked away in a garage all year, is what pleases me most.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
The fact that it would, and could yet, get me to Spain, Portugal and beyond, rather than being locked away in a garage all year, is what pleases me most.

No denying it Garry, testament to both yourself and the Mantra

I'm waiting for retirement to sunnier climes, and then its offski with a large transporter, a bed and a microwave, and me bikes, what more does a man need? Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well - you've got the added complication of the girlie, for a start. Wink
Then your choice of Bimotas - hence having to have Katy M and the big Kwak in the fold to do your "mega-mileage" trips on. Very Happy
Can you do me a big favour and retire to Turkey - could do with a transit point down that way. Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
well - you've got the added complication of the girlie, for a start. Wink
Then your choice of Bimotas - hence having to have Katy M and the big Kwak in the fold to do your "mega-mileage" trips on. Very Happy
Can you do me a big favour and retire to Turkey - could do with a transit point down that way. Very Happy

I'll do my best Garry, and certainly will be sending you a postcard Laughing

At least there would be more oppurtunities to let you have a ride of whatever, weather wise, rather than waiting for the hailstones and floods to recede Crying or Very sad

Free all next weekend from Friday onwards, so could have a run out, DB2 and Db4 and play swopsies, your shout? Still owe you a turn on "your" DB2 Laughing
morebhp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
GeeKay wrote:

No denying it Garry, testament to both yourself and the Mantra

I'm waiting for retirement to sunnier climes, and then its offski with a large transporter, a bed and a microwave, and me bikes, what more does a man need? Laughing

Can highly recommend it. Avoids this happening while waiting for the rain to stop Wink

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that one, and theres not much that can make me laugh whilst sat on a computer Laughing

I consider the potential move good for creaking bones and joints, as well as that for the bikes and Italian electrics
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: