Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Db4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Db4 Reply with quote

Who has one and visits the ducati meet in liverpool?? Tricolour model with personal bike related reg?!Wink
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither Steve nor Stuart - their bikes are garage queens.......... Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch GeeKay, is the non-invite to the TT next year still souring your otherwise pleasant demeaner?

Vorts Db4 is certainly no garage queen,its turned over more often than "british" tennis players, is dirtier than Paris Hilton, yet blissfully continues with scant regard for maintenance (if you exclude filling it with fuel as maintenance Laughing ) its over in North Wales this weekend, in the wind and rain, and has to go back to scouse land on Monday regardless.

And mine was over in Chester yesterday, with girlie on bigbird, and we got caught in the rain, but hey ho, its just a daily runner,

was out on Wednesday night, some toff from Alderley Edge walked over to view his first Bimota, commentating, "Oh these must be 20,000 pounds now are they??" And thats the beauty and the sadness. Bimotas were always unobtainable to most, pricewise at least, and is still the common perception

There was a fellow on here last year I believe that was asking opinions on a DB4 tricolor, that his mate was selling for 4K, based in North Wales.\

We all gave opinions, but no-one said "its a steal buy it now or give me the contact details" Think the bloke bought it and then dissappeared off the Forum forever, Darn "users" "fly by night" type merchants Laughing

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
akito-man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics- that pipe sits wide on the z!

I can put up the pics , but maybe only on fb as my laptop has a problem( the missis decided to break it before she went to cadiz)! Nice! Or i could tell the reg!
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, its a bit of an optical illusion with the pipe methinks, its a titanium Skorpion can, fits on the standard mounts but its Loooonnnnnggggg, evidently has to clear the swingarm and twin shocks
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found the post from leedusdusttilldawn

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=704&highlight=db4+wales

Was around in November 2010 yikes, bought the bike then dissappeared into the ether..................Oh I feel so used...gets the advice to buy then offski.............Oh 'ang on a mo' ...I am a tart and get paid by the hour so should be used to feeling used... Laughing
akito-man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha haa- every one wuz pimped- and pumped;), well he may still read here, but you would have thought hed pop back every now and then!

WHERE ARE YOU NOW?
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the ducati meet in Liverpool ? As I am not a FB type of guy.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vorts Db4 is certainly no garage queen,its turned over more often than "british" tennis players, is dirtier than Paris Hilton, ye blissfully continues with scant regard for maintenance (if you exclude filling it with fuel as maintenance ) its over in North Wales this weekend, in the wind and rain, and has to go back to scouse land on Monday regardless.

Thanks for defending my honor in my absence Steve. DB4 was indeed out and about over the w/e, great ride around Bala on Thursday night, sun out, little traffic and no piglets, so all good, ride back in rain was not so fun, but DB4 performed faultless as usual, but is now a little dirty !!
Might even get around to checking the chain tonight, and maybe a wash, but can't spoil the old girl to much. Put 2 tanks of fuel in her over the weekend !!

Must remember to take pictures next time !
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akito-man wrote:
Ha ha haa- every one wuz pimped- and pumped;), well he may still read here, but you would have thought hed pop back every now and then!

WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

Like a lot of "users" I'm sure if theres a problem he'll be back, even if just to sell it onwards.

If you have piccies and Facebook allows you Laughing you could email them to me and I'll post them up for the others on here, would be nice to see what it is that we recomended he buy, as I only know of 2 other tricolors in the country and they're both on here

Really are rarer than DB2's, but mainly coz they went bump when making them and stock was sold off before they finished them, incomplete bikes etc

Last edited by 2bims on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
deebee4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
akito-man wrote:

WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

Like a lot of "users" I'm sure if theres a problem he'll be back, even if just to sell it onwards.

If you have piccies and Facebook allows you Laughing you could email them to me and I'll post them up for the others on here, would be nice to see what it is that we recomended he buy, as I only know of 2 other tricolors in the country and they're both on here

Really are rarer than DB2's, but mainly coz they went bump when making them and stock was sold off before they finished them, incomplete bikes etc

Well, I know a few in on the European Continent: 2 in the land of wooden shoes and windmills, 1 (there are more, I know) in the land of Bratwurst and Beer and a few in the land of pizza and chianti Very Happy

Here's mine being used as my track bike for the last 6 years. Only binned it once in 2010 ..... and intend to keep it a once in a db4 lifetime experience.

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tire of seeing you and your DeeBee4 in action DB4 Laughing

Theres 2 others her on the Forum (tricolors) one in US and one in Australia, and not forgetting the i.e. versions of which one in UK on here and one in Italy, all equally upstanding.

Like me tricolors me though
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst you're on here DB4, have you ever found a stockist for the screens? I have a GP500.de double bubble screen on it, and thats all they offer as replacments, but I would like one without the double bubble
deebee4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Whilst you're on here DB4, have you ever found a stockist for the screens? I have a GP500.de double bubble screen on it, and thats all they offer as replacments, but I would like one without the double bubble

Actually, I find the double bubble GP500 far better than the stock one. The stock one is too low and offers no wind protection. If you give the GP500 a paint job on the inside (see picture above) it looks great too (IMHO). If you leave it clear then it looks less integrated in the bike's design.
I have 2 stock screens on the shelf, so if you desperatly want a stock one I'm willing to sell one. I might even have a spare pair of black mirrors too. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by deebee4 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
deebee4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Never tire of seeing you and your DeeBee4 in action DB4 Laughing

Theres 2 others her on the Forum (tricolors) one in US and one in Australia, and not forgetting the i.e. versions of which one in UK on here and one in Italy, all equally upstanding.

Like me tricolors me though

Tnx, I'll dig up some oldies when I find the time. Me like tricolore 2. The yellow/silver/black livery db4i.e. was nice too.

This is my current road bike, big fun too:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: