Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Would like a new old Bimota
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
husson73

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad things for bikes and peculiary Bimota is the 100 HP law which means all bikes should be restricted to 100 HP (most bike are illegaly derestricted): so you can't import any old Bimota with an engine which rates over 100 HP or exactly over 106 HP (the V-due is in France is homologated for 106 HP which is the legal maximum).
For the V-due as the bike was homologated with injection at the time you want a title it was necessary to have an injection one (original injection or modified indirect injection even if in reality the indirect injection was never homologated) in case the authorities asked to see the bike.
But perhaps some french V-dues with title and coming for Pietro are with carburators because if the authorities didn't ask to see the bike ... or because the whole engine was changed after got a title.
Never seen a french V-due with title and carburators on sale yet.
Last bad thing is if you can get a special title for old bike -collector title- even if the bike hasn't received homologation in France when they were sold new, the bike should have more than 30 years old.
Wink

BTW some Bims over 106 HP which received homologation on the later 80s 90s are of course homologated with a restricted engine but the other bikes selling new in France were in fact full power Shocked Laughing Twisted Evil
bidalot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, french administration is not very cool with homologation papers.

I bought my Mantra in Belgium with all titles and papers (+ TUV homologation) and the french administration didn't want to give me a title to ride in France.

I phoned to GELAIN and they sold me a "certificat de conformité européenne". Very expensive operation.

Now I have french title.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SB6 was restricted to 100bhp
oily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:

But not any-more Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
certificat de conformité européenne

I tried to get one of those for my Santamonica, gave up in the end .
In the UK if we import a bike from Europe, less than 10yrs old, we need either a Certificate of Conformity , or we have to put it through test for Single Vehicle Approval (SVA). The SVA is meant to be the more costly/difficult path, but when Bimota is involved the SVA seems to be the easier/cheaper route.
husson73

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
french or japanese bike (if it's from japan should be 77 HP restricted) Crying or Very sad
oily

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husson73 wrote:
Evilchicken0 wrote:
french or japanese bike (if it's from japan should be 77 HP restricted) Crying or Very sad

Take note Hursty Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
husson73

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Quote:
certificat de conformité européenne

In the UK if we import a bike from Europe, less than 10yrs old, we need either a Certificate of Conformity , or we have to put it through test for Single Vehicle Approval (SVA). .

the only very good thing with the special title collector for more than 30 years old bikes in my country is you haven't to show the bike at any authorities.
Just send a picture from each side (even if the bike is in part it's ok) and from the VIN on the frame to the FFVE (french old vehicule federation) with 50 € and you will get a paper then you go with it and the bill and the justification of VAT and custom paid (but no custom and VAT from a bike coming from an other EEC country) to administration and you will get the collector title Cool
Have done it a few months ago for my 1971 Kawasaki H2 triple which is mostly a wreck , peculiary on the pictures I sent (have all the parts NOS for rebuilt) Wink
Hursty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone would tell me how quick 8000rpm in top is on a Sb6 Question
I may be getting a bit older but the way mine pulls from 7k to 11k I can only assume it's a full power model as I was told it was by the dealer who imported her Very Happy
I will know soon enough when we strip it down to give it a service balance the carbs ect.
My man builds the fastest Suzuki motors in NZ for the local superbike ace and has a dyno so we might just have to give it a run and see.... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: