Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

The Great North Bimota Meet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: The Great North Bimota Meet Reply with quote

Well it was just a Thursday so just meself and Geekay, after I offered him a chance to ride his Bimota Db2, and a spin on the Db4 also

Well, I say a "spin" on the DB4, as Geekay led off on that but after he swopped to the Db2, it seemed to be his only choice of "steed" after each stop Laughing and it seemed that the keys couldn't be wrestled from him after that.

Off down to Chester beside the River Dee, out in the midday sun, very typical "mad Dogs and Englishmen"

Nice to have both the DB's out for a spin at the same time (girlies too short to ride either)

And one with both "fizziegogs" makes a change, thanks to the Octigenarian that took the picture after admiring the bikes

Popped into J&S accessries on the way back after a sprint through the Cheshire Countryside round past Whitchurch, only to be followed by a Rozzer Biker for some 10 miles, appeared that he was simply taking in the scene as he rode side by side along Geekay for a few miles. Fortunately he must have been an admirer as he past on by, ignoring the small number plates and open cans, etc , etc etc....

Slight downside of having your bike in Practical Sportsbikes, is that some guy waltzed over, and having read the article and recognising the Db2, spent the next ten minutes telling us all about my bike, and almost offended Gary by ALMOST referencing that a DB3 may be ugly, but I cut the guy short before the words came out.

I did spy Gary walking round the DB2 and, seemingly unconciously ,was running his hands over various parts of the Db2 bodywork, mirrors, exhaust cans etc...Oh Er Missus. I left him for a few moments, seemed rude to stand and stare Laughing

Cheers for the company Gaz, hope you enjoyed yourself, I did, and we'll do it again some time some Laughing

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great day out Steve. Many thanks for letting me loose on 2 of your prized possessions - nowt wrong with the DeeBee4, but the 2 is simply quite awesome - what a motor that is! Very Happy
That's the DB2/3/4 boxes ticked - now waiting for the DB5 to arrive Very Happy
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one lads, not long before Germany beckons!!
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire, "the great north" ???

might actually get some time to get mine out at some stage............... Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a different note 2 bims, you should take that body airbag back its seems to have inflated without crashing? Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:

might actually get some time to get mine out at some stage............... Laughing

Intended as a "jibe" at the southerners, no offence intended for other Northerners, but you must find a few others to meet up with, the 2 Bimotas together is the largest posted this year on this Forum in the UK at least, well at least ridden by different riders that is, until I'm otherwise corrected with photgraphic evidence and sworn statements Laughing .

Next year at the Manchester Bike Show we are hoping for 12-14 together in one place, depends how many get taken apart and more importantly, put back together after the Winter Laughing

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
On a different note 2 bims, you should take that body airbag back its seems to have inflated without crashing? Wink

Nah, thats my "fanny Pack" of spares, bolts and cable ties and fuses, a "must" for 2 Doocati engined Bimotas out together. honest..... Laughing

Had been waiting for the Summer to arrive to start my Salad Munching, fortunately it never came Laughing

May have put some 2.5 stone on or 25Kilos for our European friends, since my achilles went , what, 2.5 years ago??

Have a vague plan to lose it again before the TT next year, maybe a bridge too far though, trying to get and keep myself fit and ready and a suitable Bimota also, somethings going to give for sure..... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Update.........Been on that New Miracle Wonder Diet......lose 20 Kilos in 10 minutes........ Laughing

Oh the wonders of PhotoShop! Highly Recommended, felt like i'd never been on a diet Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:

Yeah...The great(?) North...........Wales Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
SiBag

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye, I'll have to pull my finder out and catch up with you soon 2bims.

If its got Ti#s or Wheels its gona give you trouble
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actually had a wobble out on the 6R this afternoon, first time since last year!!
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the Spirit guys, shame you into using your Bims with Peer Pressure, any time out and about on a Bim in whats left of our British Summer has to be a bonus
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics... did you don the bimota jacket for the outing with the '2bims' 2bims?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I wore my Ducati one, the Bimota one is fine for the DB4, but the riding position on the DB2 means the hump on the back gets in the way of my helmet, and I knew that going out with GeeKay meant we were going to get a bit of a crack on so I trusted in the Dainese Jacket for sAFETY sake
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at rest, outside our lunch stop by the river.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: