Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Help with DB7/8 shock set up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tassie v2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Help with DB7/8 shock set up Reply with quote

Can anyone explain how the rear Extreme tech shock works. Hi and low speed comp. H and L speed rebound. Also position and clicks are difficult to identify
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i beleive the red is the high speed compression. its is very diffucult to find out where you are on the clicks, i wound mine all the way to the left to see what difference it would make and eventually found the extremities. although, I only have two adjusters......another member here helped me set mine up and he was going to get confirmation of what done what. I plan to meet up with him again soon, when my starter motor is replaced, and get some more settings. I will share what i know with you then.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compression = blue. rebound = red. I had trouble finding the fully in settings while trying to adjust. I have the factory recommendations for me, but they feel way to harsh on my roads. I'll probably get them set ok by going anti clockwise a couple of clicks. Then use the track recommendations for the track.
What I dont understand is high speed opposed to low speed settings. I've heard that it involves traction aid and anti wheelie. So to absorb the rattly bumps I may only need to change out the high speed adjustment ????
Confused:javascript:emoticon('Question')
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: