Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

2V vs 4V - db4 owner help & hint
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deebee4 is right in every respect. Most of my bikes are around 100 bhp and its more then enough with the right set up and in the right hands. It maybe that when the bhp limit is enforced in the future that the handling and set up from factory will start to make vast improvements without the need for electronic gizmo's. They reduced power for motogp and lap times improved because the power they had could be layed down quicker etc etc. You want to loose weight, go to the gym, its cheaper. You want to go faster, learn how to ride your bike better. We all have a long way to go. Wink
deebee4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
............... You want to loose weight, go to the gym, its cheaper. You want to go faster, learn how to ride your bike better. We all have a long way to go. Wink

Laughing

As long as skilled riders with 50 HP bikes (like Moto3 and classics) ride faster lap times than most of us amateur track riders with 100+HP and even 150+HP bikes, i dare to say that power is not the main goal. The real goal is skill, just practice and develop your riding skills until the limited HP prevents you from impoving your lap times. Then you're ready for a faster bike.....Shocked

Asking for more power is just a way of masking lack of riding skill........
Twisted Evil

Feel free to disagree Wink
bimototo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I complete agree with you but:

I'm not a professional, I'm an amateur, I want more hp just for make longest whelly Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimototo wrote:
I complete agree with you but:

I'm not a professional, I'm an amateur, I want more hp just for make longest whelly Wink

Yeah, you definately need more horsepower for longer wheelies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g9qgbLSlqA & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDp-7XmvcLg Wink

Again: for easy wheelies you need torque, not HP, so if you insist on changing the engine just put in the 1100 evo engine and you can wheelie all day long Very Happy

Please post some pictures of your db4 because I would like to take a look at your weight saving parts. A road db4 that's at least 10 kg lighter than my track db4, that means I have to do better with my db4 (and can continue having tastful meals..... ) Wink
bimototo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've to do them;) but I'm writing from a mobile phone, do you have a twitter account?

whitch battery do you have?
have you cut some wire? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimototo wrote:
I've to do them;) but I'm writing from a mobile phone, do you have a twitter account?

whitch battery do you have?
have you cut some wire? Wink

Nope, no twitter. Facebook: yes.

My battery is a Hawker PC545. I removed parts of the wiring, most of it from the connectors in in main wiring loom. But I also removed ignition lock (now just a simple toggle switch), speedometer, handlebar switches, brake light switches, headlight & wiring, indicators, rear light.

Also replaced parts of the original ignition system wiring with 2,5 mm2 wiring, that has proven very reliable so far.

Still I sure would like to see some details of your db4.
bimototo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be patient I dont have fresh photo, I promise to do some asap

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: