Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

front cog?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: front cog? Reply with quote

Now, do I really need to drop the engine to change the bloody front cog? If I do what else do I have to undo before I drop it down far enough? Crying or Very sad
daotoys1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: front cog? Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
Now, do I really need to drop the engine to change the bloody front cog? If I do what else do I have to undo before I drop it down far enough? Crying or Very sad

What BIMOTA are you talking about?
oily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory, yes
oh the joys of bimota ownership.
Pipes off, undo coupla bolts, BANG, it's on the floor Laughing
That's the easy bit.
Seriously, if you take the rad and pipes off, your just about ready to drop the lump out anyway. Wink
oily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, thinking back(a very long way) I think I changed the clutch on my first SB6 by undoing the rear engine mountings and using a jack, lowering the back of the engine which went just enough to do the job. The pipes didn't have to come off but it was a struggle. It,s no more of a job to drop the engine Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CVheers bud, figured that was the case. Pipes are off and all ready to go... just wondered if you knew a magic method... you normally do! That trade show had zero for any bimota parts, no where near as nbig as the stafford event. Take care and catch up this year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: