Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New (ish) DB8 SP owner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simmo675

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: New (ish) DB8 SP owner Reply with quote

Hi All

My name is Mark, I've had my DB8 since December 2011 and stumbled across this site whilst looking for spares for the beast!

I'm an expat Pom in Sydney, Australia; As far as I know there is one other guy in Sydney with a DB8, met him a while back at Eastern Creek, forgot his name though.....

Since I mostly do trackdays I'm tentatively looking around to see what track bodywork options are available, any suggestions? I'd kind of resigned myself to making my own moulds but aware of the man hours required and the chance that I'll bugger the clearcoat on the good fairings if I'm not careful....

I picked up the Zard full system and will get that fitted soon, again, looking for suggestions on best way to trim the fuelling (Power Commander?).

Planning on doing ride days at Philip Island November 19th & 20th, if any forum members are around come and say hello....
brian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Mark,

Welcome to the forum. Quite a weapon the db8 eh, very nice. Always good to have another Ausie on the forum. Probably the majority of forum members are owners of the old era bimotas, but there are a few active members with new bims that i'm sure will chime in shortly to hopefully help you out. I'd love to do a track day at the Island but it's a bit far away. I'll be down there for the GP in October but will be on the cruiser so no track time for me.

Cheers,
Brian
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark, welcome on board!
djt77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mark,

Congratulations on the DB8. I'm over in Perth. There are a few suppliers of body work. I'll flick up links over next few days.

Here is one place http://www.motospecialroma.it/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=609&Itemid=1

These places might be able to help http://www.piega.net/index.php?p=news and http://www.bursievolution.com/bimota/db7-db8.html

There is also seller on Italian Ebay that does replacement carbon fairing sets including the seat unit for around 1,700 euro

You could also try contacting Christian at Superbike Mugello http://www.superbikemugello.com/ they race the DB7 and 8 in the Italian Series
simmo675

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

thanks for the replies Very Happy

I was pretty much speechless after the first time out on the DB8; I have a 748S and have ridden the 998R but they were no match for the sheer power of the 1198 motor coupled with the weight (or lack thereof!) and the joys of a slipper clutch Shocked so much so that I can't get on at all with the 748 now.

I've seen a few 748 to 1198 conversions over on the Ducati forums so I'm tentatively looking for an 1198 engine to liven things up a bit. Anyway, that's a story for another forum......

Those links look promising, esp the race glass which would be a relatively low cost starting point. Doesn't appear that they do the seat cowl but my Italian is crap so I might just need to drop them a mail via babelfish to check.

I don't suppose you have the ebay seller's ID handy? I've not had much luck with DB7/8 searches on ebay even with the worldwide options enabled. A full carbon set as a spare would be perfect.
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a spare set of side fairings on an italian website called Subito. They want 800eur for them though...
http://www.subito.it/accessori-moto/carene-bimota-db7-carbonio-bologna-44833779.htm
simmo675

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no luck opening the link, I think it's blocking non Italian IP adresses Rolling Eyes
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok - DJT77 in perth has the same problem. Must be an Ozzy thing.
They are two genuine side fairings, immaculate and original. €800.
If you wanted them i will do what i can to communicate with the guy.
husson73

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simmo675 wrote:
no luck opening the link, I think it's blocking non Italian IP adresses Rolling Eyes

can open but live in Europe Wink

he wrote (translate from Italian
"new fairing in carbon for Bimota db7" 800 €

but the pictures show only the two sides of the fairing means the part each sidee which covers the engine barrel and top crankcase.
Lotus Elise

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct, its only the two side pieces of the fairing, not the whole fairing. I am tempted to buy it, as spares. But I wonder whether I should first buy a db7 !?

I still have the carbon fender for a YB11 and the seat for a vdue. If anyone needs them, I be happy to sell them.
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually never even thought about you having the 8 and not the 7. Would the DB7 fairings fit the 8? I assume they would given the cost of redesigning a new fairing....
simmo675

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look identical, apart from the decals. Still undecided whether to go for them at that price, might be better off waiting to see how I go with my other leads, but thanks for the offer of help, much appreciated Cool
djt77

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/ricambi-e-accessori/milano-annunci-milano/carene-complete-carbonio-bimota-bd7-o-ducati-nuove/7724976

just found link for set of carbon bodywork, let me know if you decide to go for a set.
simmo675

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one djt77, I'm up for a set Very Happy I sent the guy a message, no response yet, will let you know how I go.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="djt77"]http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/ricambi-e-accessori/milano-annunci-milano/carene-complete-carbonio-bimota-bd7-o-ducati-nuove/7724976

just found link for set of carbon bodywork, let me know if you decide to go for a set.[/quote]Dan Im still in Italy and I did ask about your carbon tank. They have finished it and you should get it before the end of Oct . They have sent their apologies for being so slow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: