Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

where is everyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also working on renovating a zxr 750k1...
laminator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
there was a nice YB9 in Performance Bikes this month Cool

I spotted that as well Very Happy

Kar sent me a message asking for some photos and a small write up. A copy of the mag is going with my paperwork.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice .... and Bike next month Very Happy
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:
I've been registering the YB10, she's all done and took it out for a spin on sunday. Rides nice, with smooth power, although a bit of a miss fire under 4k revs. I think the carbs could do with a proper clean.

You have my sympathy. Getting the carbs back on my Dieci was a nightmare of a job. Only way I could get the clamps to tighten up was using a small allen key bit, adaptor and a ratchet spanner, and then turning them about 1 click at a time.

I would suggest that it might be worth getting a new set of carb rubbers. They are not expensive but a fair chance at this age that they have cracked. And you really don't want to take the carbs off and on again unnecessarily.

All the best

Keith
laminator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
laminator wrote:
I've been registering the YB10, she's all done and took it out for a spin on sunday. Rides nice, with smooth power, although a bit of a miss fire under 4k revs. I think the carbs could do with a proper clean.

You have my sympathy. Getting the carbs back on my Dieci was a nightmare of a job. Only way I could get the clamps to tighten up was using a small allen key bit, adaptor and a ratchet spanner, and then turning them about 1 click at a time.

I would suggest that it might be worth getting a new set of carb rubbers. They are not expensive but a fair chance at this age that they have cracked. And you really don't want to take the carbs off and on again unnecessarily.

All the best

Keith

Cheers for the advice Keith. I have had the carbs off once already and stripped them, I had to undo the front engine mount and pivot it down slightly to get to the rubbers (as Bimota have put a crossmember right behind the carbs). I also cut 20mm off the end of one of my allen keys and welded it onto a piece of 400mm long/3mm dia stainless rod, and bent a handle on the end. A new tool for the Bimota tool box Smile
brian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busy in my shed working on the VTX. Doing a service, valve clearance, coolant, new tyre etc. Getting ready for my trip to Phillip Island for the MotoGP. I plan to be away for around 4 weeks riding some fantastic roads Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busy in my shed working on the VTX. Doing a service, valve clearance, coolant, new tyre etc. Getting ready for my trip to Phillip Island for the MotoGP. I plan to be away for around 4 weeks riding some fantastic roads Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been busy on the deeber engine- if I need exercise I'll just lift the box full of special tools up and down a bit Laughing

Cheers, MikeJ.

P.S. The alternator rotor was on backwards, so it's been an afternoon of filing down yet another special tool to get it to fit!
Vince186

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday put almost 500 km on the sb6. Very Happy

A quick visit to the German Eifel, probably one of the last beautiful days this year.

oily

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be so negative.........
every day is a beautiful day Wink

(until some fecker messes it up) Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Vince186

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Don't be so negative.........
every day is a beautiful day Wink

(until some fecker messes it up) Laughing

Not when it’s raining and freezing….or the wife has jobs to do for me..or… Confused
philfingers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

building a woodshed at the front of the house, trying to sort the shed out at the back so I can get my new lathe in (very old colchester), seems every w/e for the last 6 weeks have things on.
USD 851 needs seeing too, sounds like a grumble from the bottom end, I think it's roller bearings? Haven't investigated yet. Other one needs a speedo cable, reg/rectifier & fuel leak sorting too. KR1S was smoking from RH cylinder last time I used it, and fuel pi$$ing out the RH carbs, so the two could be related. Not using water tho, even tho the smoke was white. Hope it's not serious
YB11 is fine, wrapped up for the winter with the carbs drained
Need to sell the multistrada, need to service the A4, 205 needs a gearbox change. . . .
Seems never ending. . . .. . Work gets in the way too
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
oily

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philfingers wrote:

Seems never ending. . . .. . Work gets in the way too

...I agree....except for the work bit that is Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been doign much of anything, and what I have been doing has not involved motorcycles. I need....really NEED....to get off my arse and start repairing some of my bikes. I've got far too many of them with "issues" right now. Problem is, that is part of the reason behind my lack of motivation. Laughing
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
akito-man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been playing out on all my bikes! Bar the pegaso- pluss had a nasty injury to my shoulder- left me with mighty drugs to take, im back at work and still in pain- ive lost my pectoral major, and have pains under my right bicep- waiting for an mri scan! Thats the sb8r in bed- although our crappy rouds managed to strip the paintwork from the bellypan ( again- previous owner had same issue), so need a really good bike painter, also maybe get the tank done too, as its blistering around the filler cap, which is what happens if a certain coating isnt placed inside the epoxy tank prior to fuel- and painting the exterior!, the R1 has just been motd for the winter- but shes sooooo nice , shes having a sleep too! The wing- needs the carbs re balancing- man , these bleeding jet kits are just not honda ones! The best( £260) ones too! Ill try again! Theres a new disc on the rear- new rear light and bracket, new fork seals/oil/slides/collets, and a new rear hoop( metzeler of course)! Thas also me doin work about my house- and a pal had a very bad mc crash too! As in resussed twice- over 100 broken bits! Dickhead in a car pulled across him = head on ! No braking! , so thats me! Hope you guys got some good rides in!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: