Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

where is everyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Bud, some one must be out there somewhere! Shocked
oily

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pomps, everyone will want it AFTER I take it off the market Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
(shame about the make Laughing )

Not many Bimota projects on this side of the Pond, and I already have her R1 rebuild project for a Japanese bike. Matter of fact, while she was buying the 999, I was two hours away picking up some parts for her R1 that were too good of a deal to pass up.

brian wrote:
i quite fancy the 999 myself.

I absolutely hated the 749/999 bikes when they first came out. I now have grown to like the yellow ones. One of the previous owners of this bike ran into the rear end of a truck that had it's tailgate down. The tailgate took out the headlight and dash assemblies. This guy bought it to make a track bike out of, and it is coming with a complete set of track bodywork. I'm thinking of selling the track stuff and buy a set of the cheap Chinese FILA replica bodywork. The firs thing to do before I do anything is to swap out the front wiring harness (which comes with the bike) and get the aftermarket ECU reflashed since this bike didn't come with the red key. I'm hoping to sink no more than another $500-$750 USD into it before it is street-worthy.

oily wrote:
...looks good with it's new paint.

I'd like to find one of those at a good price over here. I'd like to add an SB6 to the collection.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
oily

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:

oily wrote:
...looks good with it's new paint.

I'd like to find one of those at a good price over here. I'd like to add an SB6 to the collection.

...Who, in their right mind wouldn't want an SB6 Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
...Who, in their right mind wouldn't want an SB6 Laughing

And an SB7 and.....a YB9. and.....a YB10 and.......a YB11 and.......a DB5R and...

Razz

Shocked
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
I already have her R1 rebuild project for a Japanese bike. Matter of fact, while she was buying the 999, I was two hours away picking up some parts for her R1 that were too good of a deal to pass up.

O Tuesday we dropped the R1 off at Computrack to see if they could straighten the frame. Got the call that they got it straight again, so we may pick it up today, or tomorrow if it rains all day today (as they say it will).
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
On Tuesday we dropped the R1 off at Computrack to see if they could straighten the frame. Got the call that they got it straight again, so we may pick it up today, or tomorrow if it rains all day today (as they say it will).

We bought a few parts for the bike, but I haven't touched it. I bought a rental property in March that I just finished refurbishing and had a tenant move in two weeks ago, then, we decided to buy a 21-acre horse farm and are in the process of moving.

So, I've been doing last-minute fixes to the rental house, started fixing our previous residence to make it a rental, working on the new house (mending fences, installing fences, clearing brush, mowing, bush hogging, etc...), moving our crap to the new house, and I am teaching as a side-job in addition to my regular job. One of the best positive aspects of this whole thing is that I will no longer have my bikes inside the house. The new place has a 24 ft x 36 ft workshop (three bays). I'll just need to find some time to actually do some work inside the workshop. Shocked
bimota_rider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my 6R sorted and assembled and tested.....

....All systems are: GO!

....and then this happened:

My back yard, taken this morning.

'98 Bimota SB6R #000016 "Sweet 16"
Built 5/97

2014 Suzuki Hayabusa

2001 BMW R1100S
brian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've not had time lately to anything much with my bikes, not even time for a ride. Been busy with work and renovations Sad

I did squeeze in another track day last weekend though, well king of a track day. It was like an open day at a small track about an hour from me where they race carts and bikes up to 650cc. Anyone could go along and ride the club members race bikes on the day. No road bikes aloud only race bikes. It was a really good day and a got to try out a few different bikes.

hopefully i'll get some motorcycle time soon.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Well I've not had time lately to anything much with my bikes, not even time for a ride. Been busy with work and renovations Sad

I can relate to this. I renovated a rental house and am now working on refurbishing my old house and a mobile, single-wide house trailer to turn into a rentals, plus I am working on this 21-acre horse farm that we bought. All I do is work, these days. The only reason I am on here now is because I am drinking coffee and between truck loads of building debris that needs to be hauled off.
brian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Desmo_Demon"]
brian wrote:
All I do is work, these days.

All work and no play is no good for you mate. You need to set some time aside for yourself. Life is too short to not have fun along the way.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: