Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Helibars for a DB4?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Helibars for a DB4? Reply with quote

Anyone have any recommendations for a good set of Helibars for a DB4? I'd like to raise the bars an inch or two (as much as possible). Getting too old for that deep crouch and long reach to the bars. If anyone has a set they'd like to sell....?

Thanks.
Chuck S.
deebee4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Helibars for a DB4? Reply with quote

wallaman wrote:
Anyone have any recommendations for a good set of Helibars for a DB4? I'd like to raise the bars an inch or two (as much as possible). Getting too old for that deep crouch and long reach to the bars. If anyone has a set they'd like to sell....?

Thanks.
Chuck S.

Hi Chuck,

Any 43 mm cilp on will fit to a db4.
But just remember that when you're making them too high, they'll interfere with the fairing. Your desired 2 inches higher might be too much. And also the switchgear wiring might get too tight, so keep that in mind too.

Long reach to the bars on a db4.....? Ever rode a Ducati 888, 9xx or a RSV Mille?
robin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: raised clipons Reply with quote

Hi

Honda Blackbird bars are plentiful and give a small rise over standard.

Robin
wallaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I have been looking for a set of Helibars for 43mm forks for a bit. New they are quite expensive, so I was hoping to find a good used set. A set of Blackbird clipons just might do the trick. I realize the amount that you can raise them is limited, but every little bit would help. Getting close to sixty and had some back issues/surgery in my past, so, even the reach on the DB4 can be an issue. Had a couple of Duc's in the past and an Aprilia Mille (now replaced with a Tuono - a proper motorcycle Wink ).

Thanks.
Chuck S.
deebee4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallaman wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I have been looking for a set of Helibars for 43mm forks for a bit. New they are quite expensive, so I was hoping to find a good used set. A set of Blackbird clipons just might do the trick. I realize the amount that you can raise them is limited, but every little bit would help. Getting close to sixty and had some back issues/surgery in my past, so, even the reach on the DB4 can be an issue. Had a couple of Duc's in the past and an Aprilia Mille (now replaced with a Tuono - a proper motorcycle Wink ).

Thanks.
Chuck S.

I see. I've got neck issues (herniated disk, could avoid surgery) myself, but can still manage to keep riding the db4 on track. That's because the position is not as fixed as on public roads, you move around a lot more on track. Only mod is a higher screen and foam padding instead of the stock seat. That gives me a more upright position too. And I'm pretty "compact" so I don't feel "cramped" on my db4. It just fits me perfect. Smile

What's your db4's number, Chuck? Mine's # 0059. Is it a tricolore or an i.e.? Question
wallaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deebee4,
My serial number ends in 0012. The bike is a Tri-Colore with the performance kit installed (Flat Slides, Exhaust, Ohlins rear, etc.). It runs great and is "almost" exactly what I was looking for. Light, "simple" (air-cooled), handles great, etc. I just need to get it a bit more comfortable (my herniated discs were in my lower back - since fixed with a scalpel - I now need to be "nice" to my back so it will be nice to me Wink ).

Thanks.
Chuck S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: