Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8K Santa Monica exhaust options ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daotoys1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: SB8K Santa Monica exhaust options ? Reply with quote

I have seen pictures and/or posts of some different exhaust upgrades done on the Santa Monica.

Various slip on race/open exhaust mufflers/canisters have been put on this bike.

Im wanting to know if there is any type of slip on muffler that fits the bike without needing to modify the tubing of the slip ons. By this I mean, Im looking for an aftermarket open/race slip on that has the same size pipes as the Santa Monica so that they can be slipped onto the bike as a replacement of the highly restrictive and heavy DOT street mufflers?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DAO
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you measure the pipe dia (or circumference), choose you manufacturer an see what they have ? Pipe sizes are usually a generic size
daotoys1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Couldn't you measure the pipe dia (or circumference), choose you manufacturer an see what they have ? Pipe sizes are usually a generic size

This is a great idea, however I dont get the bike delivered until sometime next month.

I was hoping that maybe someone here would know what fits so that I could start looking at different race/open exhaust canister to put on the bike to replace the stock/OEM highly restricted and boat anchor heavy street DOT approved mufflers.

Smile
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cans have 50mm baffle tubes and the only pipes I have seen fitted are 2004-06 R1 Akrapovic cans. Now these needed to be modified according to the owner, but how and what the modification was I do not know.
Also the mounting bracket under the self supporting seat would need modifying for other cans.
If you find something that fits let me know, but I have decided by the time I buy some R1 cans and have them modified I might as well just get a custom set made. Just got to get my SM to a custom exhaust shop to get it done !!!
Hartwig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dao. I heard that these mufflers are fitting without to much adaptation. Is normaly build for a Yamaha R1 ... but to be honest I have never tried to fit it on the bike.
Hope this helps ....
Hartwig
daotoys1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for all of the help.

This points me into the right direction.

Ill wait until I get the bike and then go from there. Ill post what I wind up doing on the bikes exhaust. I have a couple of different ideas that Im going to try.

Happy holidays

DAO
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know what you put on and plenty of pictures please. Might help me decide on mine.
Will also be interesting to know what you think of the SM compared to the RS. Not that I will be changing the SM, but you never know when an RS might come up .
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know what you put on and plenty of pictures please. Might help me decide on mine.
Will also be interesting to know what you think of the SM compared to the RS. Not that I will be changing the SM, but you never know when an RS might come up .
CBar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys can make something for you.
http://areapnolimits.com/products/custom.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: