Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Interested in getting a V Due....Questions?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daotoys1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Interested in getting a V Due....Questions? Reply with quote

Happy New Year to every one.

I have considered getting a V Due. Can I get some feedback from owners/riders?

My first concern is reliability. How reliable are the V Due? I understand that the bikes that have been completely upgraded and sorted are fairly reliable. Is this true?

If I get one, it would be to use and ride in the Rocky Mountain paved canyons where I live. But Im not interested in getting stranded should the bike fail or break on me a long way from home, and up in the mountains where help can be a long way away.

Also, what variation of the V Due would be recommended for street use ( Canyon carving actually)?

thanks for any help.

Doug

P.S....Im in the USA.

Smile
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 1997 I had one of the first injection vdues delivered to the UK , did'nt even remove it from the dealers, took it down the road for a ride and then straight back for my money. BUT there has always been part of me that wished I had'nt .
I was always concerned about the reliability after my first experience, but BimotaNige convinced me otherwise . He has done a fair few miles on his carb one and other than a oil pump issue leading to a damaged piston I think thats about all he's had, but best speak to him on that.
2012 saw a nice brand new carb corse spec engined 125bhp vdue with jollymoto exhaust arrive in my garage .
The first thing I noticed when getting it out of the van was how small it is , and how light it is, OH , and how drop dead gorgeous it still looks Very Happy .
I did the general once over that you would do with any bike , and there was a few issues, but nothing to major, then it was the extra bolt through the engine casings , a few fuel/oil checks and a prod of the starter. 2bim's was present at the delivery of mine and he said he thought my face was going to fall off I was smiling that much . The noise is just to die for !!
Have only ever experienced 250cc 2 strokes about 20 yrs ago, and was a bit concerned on my first ride, but even running the motor in , this is like nothing I have ever experienced. From 0-2500rpm I would say it feels like a 400cc 4 stroke , 2500-4000rpm it is sort of like a 600cc 4 stroke in the wrong gear, 4-6000rpm it is 600 4 stroke but still a bit bogged down and not in the power band, but when I have hit 6000rpm , and remember I am trying to stay below this to run her in , OMG , Hold on , weight forward , and grab another gear !!!! Caught wait to do the final few run in miles, and then get the oil set up right .
The other thing to note, and this is from a man with other Bimota's, this thing is small , bloody small , and your legs are tucked up quite a far way. But the seat is more comfortable than it looks. Oh and if its new or unridden the suspension will be all over the place.
If you have the cash, the spare space in the garage, and a basic knowledge of keeping things going , you OWE it to yourself to buy a vdue Very Happy Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested Daotoys, and Vorts OK with it, I could upload a video of the momentous occassion when they were temporaily offloaded at his parents house, just so the "other half" didn't turn up un-announced, not just the delights of a nice rattly zingey smokey 500 v-due running, but more of Vort caught on camera smiling, and thats not happened since his wedding night (video available on pay=per view only, only 1c per hour though Laughing )

It may be his smiling was a combination of a sunny day, or that 2 new bims came on the same day, perhaps it was that they both started, eventually, but methinks it was the v-due that created the occassion. Does need the Jolly moto pipes on them though for the full 2-stroke effect of sound and vision...
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my Vdue corsa about 6 years from new now and done about 7000 miles. Once the initial setup was done the only problem I have had is a starter sprag clutch bearing that failed. The part looks like it comes from a washing machine and costs €12 from memory!! I put the JM pipes on as the Corsa ones are too loud for the road.The bike has done 3 TT's on the Isle of Man with no trouble. Front suspension is very soft but I had some rising rate stiffened springs made and it sorted it out. Riding position is fine - your backside will never be in the seat and knees never off the ground. I'll book my place for canyon carving!!! ps you will need a fuel dump if you plan on doing more than 60 - 70 miles though Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have decided to save the sprag housing and do GP bump starts, much more fun and get you into the spirit of riding a 500cc 2-stroke Laughing
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort, hope you have taken the old one out and flushed it all as the broken bits share the same oil as the gearbox. Feet crunching on the snow will not be the only crunching you will get!!
husson73

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am V due (modified indirect injection) owner and driver, would say the bike is reliable but I fouled plugs on town like on my 69 Kawasaki H1 points model on the 70s. Too much petrol at low and middle range and of course one of the plug, the upper is a nightmare to change.
On an other hand, isn't a part of the fun Question
Of course before using the bike make all the verifications, didn't do and seized cause one of the oil tube was blocked by the lower fairing and was cut by it Confused
am a two stroker man and must say I prefer muy Kawa triples or my RG 500 (am first owner from new) Cool
husson73

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should add the V due works very welll from 7000 to 10.500 RPM (not always easy to drive at this rpm on open roads) and the position is rather strange and very similar to a 69 H1 kawasaki with clipons excepted the V due seat is higher.
The petrol range is also very close to a H1 around 110 120 kilometers before refueling, ride always with 2 liters of petrol with me just in case (Kawasaki triples rules) Cool
morebhp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets have some photos - you can never have to many 2 stroke pics Laughing

I had the RG500 and H2 also, as well as RD500 and a 'proper' TZ250 Wink

Too much fun!
husson73

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2B Paris 18 january 2013 8pm

same 40th H2 anniversary Dijon track may 2012

the same in other colors Coupes Moto Legende 2005 with my RG 500

my H2A and my H2B KTC UK Southern rally 2012

my H2A KTC UK Northern rally 2011

my H2a Kawasaki triple club from Norway 2007 rally

my 69 H1 KTC UK Southern rally 2011

my 69 H1 40th yeras H1 anniversary Carole track near Paris

my 69 H1 H2 club Deutschland 2009 Treffen

KTC UK Southern rally 2009, (the Bim, H2a, S2A and 69 H1 were mine (borrowed by norge friends)

spare engine

spare frame

french triples my H2A, H2B, 69 H1 and others Spa Classic 2012 H2 40 years anniversary

my S2A Southern rally 2009

some others bikes

V due
morebhp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice set of photos - probably saw your bike at Spa when I was there last year with Gary and Ian. Smile

Sorry if we have hijacked the thread a little but some great two stroke pics and a Vdue in there too!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my old bikes in there also, so always nice to see, and it ended with a BImota so not an issue here. Didn't realise they did an RD125 like that, had the old RD400E, oh happy days, wrapped the glass fuses in KitKat foil whenever they went bang and I lost the lights, ignition, you name it, and to think I moan about Italian electrics nowadays Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful pictures Jean-Pierre. Thankyou for sharing them with us.

Are you going to Spa again this year?
husson73

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we didn't hijacked the thread, there're two bims on it.

Funny thing that on 2009 when some norges members of KTC of Norway came by plane to Paris to go with the frogs on the Southern rally, they were supposed to be two and I had enough triples on the road for the two and myself, then a third one said I came and I said to them, so cause you're my guests I would take my SB6 as you are now 3 and so you would ride my 3 K triples which worked.
But the third norge said I will be please to ride the Bim and so we did.
He enjoyed the bike (and the trip) and since is thinking about to buy one.
BTW the president of the KTC of Norway owns a KB1.

Gary am afraid I will not come to Spa on 2013 as usally it's at the same dates as the KTC UK Northern rally.
2012 was special, we have a vote on the club (am member) to cancel Northern rally 2012 to go at Spa classic 40th years H2 anniversary.
Mr. Green

forgot to put a picture of my 1971 H2 H2F 0026* 09/1971 am actually rebuilt... Wink
and of my basket case H1 with martin frame with a title Martin original (15 frames made only two with the right title, didn't matter to ride on the 70s with a Kawasaki title with a special frame but now the things have changed...)

Daotoys1 have you read this post?
http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=852 Wink
morebhp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive shadows on the 4th photo - sure it was the UK Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: