Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

WTB Genuine Carbon Fiber Mirrors BIMOTA/DUCATI style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daotoys1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: WTB Genuine Carbon Fiber Mirrors BIMOTA/DUCATI style Reply with quote

Im looking to buy a set or sets of genuine complete BIMOTA/Ducati style carbon fiber mirror assemblies. These look essentially like the OEM mirrors but are made of real carbon fiber.

These use to be available but I cannot find any manufacturers currently making them any more.

If you have these and/or know where I might get them please contact me.

Thanks

Doug/daotoys1

dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

(303) 761-4626

Colorado USA

Happy New Year
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with your search, I do have these on my Bimota DB2, but have only ever seen them on an SB7 or Japanes Corse bikes, they are identical to the Cagiva Mito/Ducati 748/916 types, but in pure carbon, not just a "wrap" and thus don't have the mouldings on the underside as per the plastic ones. Quite a bit lighter, and they have a gold "b" logo sticker on them where the imprinted logo would be on the plastic versions.

Still fairly "pants" as regards rear vision though. Fixings on mine are just 2 threaded inserts in the body of the mirror, for 2 bolts through the nose fairing arms. Don't know if they ever made any with the twin brass pins and central socket that is more commonplace on the Bimota Models...This type of fitting is "standard" on the DB2 models.

No brand labels on them at all to say who made them, so maybe Bimota themselves?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a company making some in Japan but they're the original mirror shape on a stainless ball joint. They looked to fussy and cost to much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: