Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8R Choke cable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: SB8R Choke cable Reply with quote

My choke cable has broken, surprise surprise the end of the bowden cable came off - presumably when it was at full extension. This is not the end of the world but I won't have time to work on the bike until Saturday.

Can anyone out there remember if the choke at the injector end of the cable returns fully without the cable pushing it, or will I have to take the tank off and push it into its correct place for normal running.

Also does anyone know where I could get a replacement choke cable - eg is it the same as the TL1000R or somesuch.

Many thanks!
Louis
zombie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replaced the cable today, guess what, its just a fast idle, there is a cam at the end of the choke cable which opens the throttle a little and thats it. No enrichment valves as per tl1000r, so basically not the end of the world if you break this cable in future.
all the best
Louis
jlsb8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had read this post earlier, I would have told you.[img] I'd like to add pics, but this site doen't make it easy for computer challenged.[/img]
zombie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, PS used a venhill diy cable with screw on end clamps - quite useful if you are having trouble getting hold of a spare cable.
jlsb8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted. Set the normal idle at 1500 rpm. Works the best set there.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zombie wrote:
PS used a venhill diy cable with screw on end clamps - quite useful if you are having trouble getting hold of a spare cable.

Hein Gericke do a cable repair kit containing a couple of spare cable inners and some solderless nipples in a tin the size of a shoe polish tin. Worth having one floating around.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: