Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Show Bimota stand photos - 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet is c3po will draw the biggest crowd! Wink
JRH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a line up...... excellent effort by all.
Thanks for posting the pics...lots of frustrated owners wishing they could attend((((
laminator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
...What's the bike with the SPA rev counter/speedo lammi?

It's the dash on the YB11.

There is a lack of SB's

A couple more photos...

A couple from the other stand with bimotas

Q!uinny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some very good pics Confused I will be there Sun
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need some of those elevated stands for next year me thinks!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
No I wasn't invited Brian
Come on Oily, you know that's not true.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics
Did you count how many were there ?
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory either 16 or 17, only recommended 18 for the stand we got .
Vince186

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Smile
That looks professional.. Wink
Shame it is so far away Sad
oily

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
We need some of those elevated stands for next year me thinks!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
No I wasn't invited Brian
Come on Oily, you know that's not true.

Question
must have been lost in the post then
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bikes, well done all. Hope the crowds were big enough for all that motorised pulchritude!

Cheers, MikeJ
stockcar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one guys, pity i couldn't make it...............

not sure what you mean about snow either as not seen anything round here Smile
v12al

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last years manchester (trafford show) quite frankly was the biggest load of garbage I have ever seen.
My self and some dedicated road riders went and looked around to find it was just a dealaer showcase show TBH.
After about half an hour of rubbish dealer stalls we went to the bar , had a damn good few drinks and wacthed they payed musicians.
After a few drinks and some enthusiastic shouting asnd support for the guys playing (guys who worked hard to make a crap show good) we were thrown out for being too loud............ (yes too loud at a bike show).
So....... today we got up, saved our money, went to a local italian bike dealer (binnelli not bimota), Had a breakfast, walked around some bikes and had a look and the went back into liverpool and had lots to drink.
We never payed a entrance fee, we never got ripped off for food, we went to a damn good biker pub and had lots of beer at half the price that the trafford center charges and we put music on and had a damn good sing along and ya know what?... everyone else joined in.
The people how run the place welcomed us, we all talked bikes and music the staff were frienly and we had a bloody great time.
Only 2 things make me sad about today...... 1 the trafford crappy center thing is the most unwelcoming place in the world and seemed like a library last year... and I missed all those Bimotas.
Otherwise I had a great day with likewise mates rather than being frowned upon by by corporate organisational crap.
v12al

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also This mega display wasn't generally advertised anywhere to be easilly seen, If it was was I would have spent my cash and gone just for that.
Next point.... no SB6 and oily wasnt invited??????????????????
This show needs to get its act together and so does this group before you all look elitist like the last group that fell on its arse (YES I CAN SAY THAT AS I SOLD MY BOLOVED BIMOTA TO SOMEONE WHO CARES) take me off the group if you dont like my comments but I am angry at missing this and angry about genuine bimota enthusiast being exlcuded when they have some nice machines that they could include( its not all about trailered museum pecies you know).
brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that you missed it.

I'm on the other side of the planet and i knew about it... just sorry i don't live close enough to be able to be there
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi V12, sorry you missed the show, but in effect you haven't, as its on again today....doors open 9.30 to 5pm, free parking and like yourself I wouldnt go anywhere near the Trafford Centre either.

I share some of your comments, but the show is a recent idea and only in its 3rd year, and from the smallest of acorns...blah blah blah.

We went last year to visit and asked if we could have a stand, they said yeh, 6m x 3m but didnt confirm as such until a mere 2 weeks before the Show itself, a bit late for most folk that are busy to allocate time.

We put up a post on the Forum on the 3rd March
http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2441

It was only 1 week before the show they confirmed we could double the size of the stand. The good lads that rocked up with their bikes went to a lot of effort and expense prior to the show in organising matters and making it look proper, all self funded, as evidently theres no money comes from the "Forum" but its where we all met so all chipped in.

Theres 16 Bimotas down there at the moment, 19 if you count the "official" Bimota Dealer from DMC PReston, and everyone thats chatted to us, even Harley and Vespa riders say its the Best Stand in there, everyone thinks we are "dealers" we even had one "oike" throw his son onto a bike, not an issue as loads of folk have sat on them whilst there, but its polite to ask first before jumping on board.

Pop on down if you have time, all welcome, hopefully next year it will be bigger than this year also, thats bigger than last year, all the local dealers have support from the Main dealers this year, and theres more lycra clad ladies than you can shake a stick at.

Soz you missed it, evidently not everyone "logs on" on a regular basis, but the day the Organisers said "yes" is the day we posted it up. Didnt want to have Loads of Folk set to come or bring bikes and then be all let down. We've had that once before with the Utoxeter Show, and didnt want it again. Hopefully they'll have us back each year, but the initial effort has to be put in once for them to want us back again and again. Evidently for the Organisers its purely a Commercial Event to make money, so if they can sell stands they will, as ours was free so I understand the late notification from them, any business would do the same. Just hope they were happy with us and will have us back again

If after having read this you'd like to amend your thoughts and your post , then please do so, as the Organisers are watching our site and others for comments on the show, and really you should only be commentating about this years event. Although it sounded like you had a great day yesterday anyhow. Either way no worries, its a free world, just dont want to "pee" the organisers off on our first event, they've been great, with help on set-up etc, especially given the weather this weekend, thats hit them in attendance, and we'd like to come back and get bigger. Even the Vespa owners CLub siad they only had a few bikes coming so please spread your bikes out and take some of our stand, nice lads.. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: