Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Show Bimota stand photos - 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said 2bims. It was well advertised on here and extremely well organized by the people who had the chance to go. From a selfish point of view it got forum members together out of cyberspace and promoted our passion, thus giving others a chance to understand what Bimotas are about. Its called a "show" for that very reason.

V12al, you have a right to express an opinion and, as I am in Rome at the moment, the first Forum had its share of differences. I hope you go along today to quantify any changes from your experience last year, elitists by definition are the ones who do not participate.

Congrats to all there and the organizers.

I also hope we could participate as a group in other shows with the same set up. It will do wonders for expanding information and the value of our under rated bikes.
oily

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
elitists by definition are the ones who do not participate.

Sorry pomps...
You need a newer dictionary Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
spyv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful photos ! many thanks !
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As 2bim's says, our stand was last minute, and constantly changing size and position, ending up as a 6mx12m about 2 weeks ago , which just about gave us enough time to design the banners and get them printed, and they arrived less than 24hrs before the show. We are now on a stand which has a £998+vat price tag so understandably they did not give it away till last minute.
The invitation for bikes was global in the event posting and in all honesty the only person to offer an SB6 was Sibag,well sort off, and then he said he could not make set up day anyway, so no fault of ours.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My spelling is bad but with a usa computer and spell check its even worse! hehe
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about any show be it bikes or any other show, you get out what you put in.
Of course if all you want to do is get pissed then you can magage tthat too.
oily

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
My spelling is bad but with a usa computer and spell check its even worse! hehe

Not your spelling Pomps.....
your definition of "elitist" Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
oily

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

If after having read this you'd like to amend your thoughts and your post , then please do so

Tut tut tut........

No forum police here Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
SiBag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v12al wrote:
Also This mega display wasn't generally advertised anywhere to be easilly seen, If it was was I would have spent my cash and gone just for that.
Next point.... no SB6 and oily wasnt invited??????????????????
This show needs to get its act together and so does this group before you all look elitist like the last group that fell on its arse (YES I CAN SAY THAT AS I SOLD MY BOLOVED BIMOTA TO SOMEONE WHO CARES) take me off the group if you dont like my comments but I am angry at missing this and angry about genuine bimota enthusiast being exlcuded when they have some nice machines that they could include( its not all about trailered museum pecies you know).

They are not all traliered museum pieces.
I rode my SB6 there Friday, and will be riding it back dowm the M6 tonight.

If its got Ti#s or Wheels its gona give you trouble
SiBag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh,
Forgot to say thanks for the Pic of my SB6.
Not on the Bimota Forum Stand but lurking on the OldSkoolSuzuki stand.

Most of the OSS mob ended up bailing out as they had 2' + of snow etc.

Catch you lot latter today when I come over to ride my bim home.

Thanks..

If its got Ti#s or Wheels its gona give you trouble
Q!uinny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best stands there today well done all. It was nice to put a face to a name, not that it was pretty Laughing 2Bims

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Quinny, it was truly a pleasure to meet all the folk that came down, and I've never been famed for my looks, I let my bikes be the things of beauty whilst I wear the blacked out visor helmet Laughing

cannot thank all the folk that helped out as it would be a longer speech than an Oscar ACCEPTANCE, BUT hearty thanks for the comments, Lammie and his crew, speedy Gonzales in bike moving and genuine true spirits of friendship, wishing to help and not Hinder. Evidently Vort, Geekay and Nige also, met up with at least 10 ex Bimota Enthusiasts members, all sound fellows, and at least 10 from the Forum.

As a special special thanks to all that came and those that helped and made nice comments we will be loading up the dolly birds (no apologies for Male chauvinism please...)that we organised to come and sit on our bikes, from "help for Heroes" after a large CASH donation was made, and "Carol Nash" more flesh than lycra......Watch out guys, and last but FAR from least, the lovely ladies from the Suzuki Stand. We all took pictures and will be loading up uncensored so be warned, lock yourself in your man caves before opening up the screens...Please Enjoy, and as always, next year ALL Welcome, Oh and we "won" Runner up Club Stand Prize (2nd Best in Show)...Must be because there were no SB6's....so maybe next year??? Laughing

I'm totally shagged at the mo and horser than a Sainsburys Beef Burger...all talked out, so tomorrow folks.........ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. Still got to put the babies to sleep...ALL that were there, 16 Bimotas in Total, all were started up at the end of the Event..yes they all started.....Bleeding miracle....and we played swopsie riding them all out.....And several home again...

Big Big thanks to all , old and new...Off to Bed........

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what, theres so many nice fellows out there you deserve a couple of glimpses before rotten work tomorrow, Big last thanks to Gillian..... Wink
And theres more to come from BimotaNige and Lammie....Better shots than mine for sure... Laughing After standing up for 2 whole days I went suddenly and easily week knee'd into taking shakey photos... Shocked

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiBag wrote:
v12al wrote:
Also This mega display wasn't generally advertised anywhere to be easilly seen, If it was was I would have spent my cash and gone just for that.
Next point.... no SB6 and oily wasnt invited??????????????????
This show needs to get its act together and so does this group before you all look elitist like the last group that fell on its arse (YES I CAN SAY THAT AS I SOLD MY BOLOVED BIMOTA TO SOMEONE WHO CARES) take me off the group if you dont like my comments but I am angry at missing this and angry about genuine bimota enthusiast being exlcuded when they have some nice machines that they could include( its not all about trailered museum pecies you know).

They are not all traliered museum pieces.
I rode my SB6 there Friday, and will be riding it back dowm the M6 tonight.

As Si says, all the ones there (except C3PO) are bikes that are taxed, MOT'd , insured and ridden, and several were ridden home in Zero degrees tonight....Helped though by the exhibition centre being boiling hot with space heaters, they all came back to life, even C3P0 seemed to have a Stephen King "Christine" moment,,,momentarily recreating herself and firing up, as if by Magic.

We had no ropes on our stand unlike some, that excluded the public, and offered all and Sundry to come and chat and sit on the bikes for their own "once in a lifetime oppurtunity" Jesso we could have collected a fortune for Charity,,,,maybe next year if they'll have us back... Laughing

Give me a week to recover and maybe we'll forget the effort and remember the joys..... Shocked
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent weekend - even Madplankton made it from the Isle of Man . Just waiting for his pic of the snow in kirkmichael. Great work by all and good to meet others from here. Piccis tomorrow Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: