Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

fuel pump on SB6R

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: fuel pump on SB6R Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Brought my bike out for a weekend ride and noticed that it was not running well. Sometime 3 cylinders and sometimes ok. Upon stopping found that fuel came out of the airbox, Dismantle it and discovered that the vacuum fuel pump was leaking. Tighten all the hoses and cut 2 particular fuel filter hoses and bike still does not run well. Any ideas what is happening. As far as I can see there is no more leaks but mechanic says that fuel lines placement and lenght is important since bike is using a Walbro fuel management vacuum pump.

note >any idea where to buy this pump in case it fails.
jlsb8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a vac fuel pump. Shorter lines are better. Can get them anywhere. Can use a electric pump also, just make sure it is low pressure. The bike should run fine with the pump by-passed and a full tank. Easy was to rule out the pump.
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: fuel pump sb6R Reply with quote

Hi Jslb8

Hi you mean to say that I can run the bike without this pump? just like a conventional bike without any loses in performance ?

By the way today I found out that fuel has leaked into no. 3 cylinder as well and all fuel in fuel tank has leaked out. Cannot understand how the fuel leaked out from tank and also how it went to no. 3 cylinder and deposited the rest on the floor? Bike was parked and not running. Any SB6 owners have this problem?

mystified is the word? Question Question Question
jlsb8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can, but only with tank near full. Sounds like you have a stuck float. Thats whats letting the fuel flood the cyl.
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: fuel pump on SB6R Reply with quote

Hi to those interested

Yup I had a stuck float needle in no.3 cylinder causing the overflow of fuel in the engine. Now bike running well again and the mech who rode it told me the power is amazing. How nice ...

Wink
oily

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOOO....... what did you do with the pump?
bypass it?
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: SB6R Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I run mine without the vacuum fuel pump and I've not noticed any sign of fuel starvation right down to where the low fuel light comes on. Can't vouch for extended flat out runs, but for most riding it seems to be redundant and low down it can completely wreck the fuelling, if it's not working properly (which they don't seem to after the first few thousand miles).
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: fuel vacuum pump Reply with quote

Ok nows the whole story. The pump is actually working. what has happened is that one of the carb float needles is stuck . Thats why it overflowed?Now bike runs well again. Sorry for the late reply. Too many bikes to work on. Feels like a bike mechanic most of the time. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: