Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Aluminium tank for DB2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speedmade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Aluminium tank for DB2 Reply with quote

I am converting my DB2 to fuel injection. So I figured it would be easier to add the fuel pump and connections to an alloy tank.
Here are some pics of the start. I will add updates as it comes along.

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one will be interested in reading this thread, and best of luck...Did you start with a an existing "full" Db2?

Everything looks new so far, and I'm inpressed with the tank building works so far....Always wanted something similar fitted to my DB4 with a cut out for twin throttle cable arrangement and space for flatslide carbs...My DB2 has this and hence lots of room as no need for an air box either then...

Best of luck and keep us updated
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a little concerned that my DB2 tank may expand due to all the ethanol in our gasoline around here....just like the expanding plastic tanks of the newer Monster bikes. I always figured an aluminum fuel cell shouldn't be too overly difficult to manufacture. I was thinking of doing something similar with a Paso project I was working on in which the original rusted tank would have the bottom cut off and the outer shell would only be used for cosmetics.....I really need to get back to workign on that project...and all the others I have.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: