Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

BB1 fuel sender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve S

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: BB1 fuel sender Reply with quote

Hello new here, I have just bought a BB1 to go with my Guzzis, never owned a Bimota before but always admired them, the bike has not had much use, 3k miles, so I am stripping it of it's clothes to see what I've got, it is quite distinctive as it had a race exhaust and Dynojetted back in 1996 so is it known here?
one of the things not working is the fuel light so I have dropped the tank and removed the sender, it seems to be dead so where do I look for a new one? is it lifted from another bike like many other bits?
thanks.

Last edited by Steve S on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure someone will know and come back on here... welcome to the forum.
BB1 - Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Steve,
bit of a late reply, but if your still looking for a BB1 fuel sender they are available from bimota-parts.de -- about 80 euros I think . I've not found anything from another make yet although Yamaha R1 & R6 senders look similar. I hope this helps and isn't too late.
Cheers.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve
The sender unit generally fall to bits through vibration due to the tanks proximity to the engine, and the way the fuel sloshes around it. Not really worth replacing to be honest as they are a poor design. I just fill up based on how many KMs I've done. One thing to note is that it is worth turning the engine/fuel pump on every month or so if you don't ride it so that the carbs stay full of fuel. The ethanol in modern fuel dissolves the tank lining, which then crystallises in the carbs pilot jets if they dry out and you will have to take them apart to clean.
ps welcome to tehe forum -not many BB1 owners on here Sad
BB1 - Bob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey Bimotanige -- that's a tasty garage you have !
jonhenry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect this thread, has anyone used a tank sealer/resin at all on the bimota tank?

Have seen them used on metal tanks, wondered if there was a known safe one with the material the bimota BB1 tank is made from?

Cheers
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: