Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V due for sale on MCN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djt77

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: V due for sale on MCN Reply with quote

One for sale on MCN at the moment, may go and have a look if i get some time off.
Seven

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: V due for sale on MCN Reply with quote

djt77 wrote:
One for sale on MCN at the moment, may go and have a look if i get some time off.

I would steer well clear of the V-Due's if I was you!

I originally intended to buy one as I found a chap in Ipswich who had several new ones for sale and probably can still get you one now as well if you're definitely interested.

Then I found the V-Due Forum http://groups.msn.com/BimotaVdue/_whatsnew.msnw and you should see the problems the poor chaps have on there! I'm not that mechanically minded...just like to use my bikes for the odd Sunday blast...I couldn't be doing with continually taking the things to bits and trying to find the source of the problem Confused

The guy selling the one in MCN is the owner of the above Forum and advertised it a year ago for £10k but obviously never sold it. The picture in the advert is the same as the one on the first page of the Forum. I do think it comes with a sexy V2 DUE numberplate though Cool

I think you have to be very committed...in the end the owner of the shop in Ipswich warned me against it and I purchased the SB8R instead. Laughing
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Here is the MCN advert:-

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikesforsale/searchresults/detail/?R=NXGN-7502832&mfy=

See to have been loads of fixes to the V Due over the years. From accounts the late carbed ones were reliable enough.

All the best

Keith
steveknowles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My evo 3 (carbs) did need work to set it up properly. The guys at Total Traction did the work. When the bikes come in from Italy they can be pretty rough and ready. Mine had only been owned for a few months by the person who imported it. The autolube pump was so out of adjustment that it was chucking two stroke oil onto the rear wheel via the exhaust pipes ! Once the thing was set up and a few niggles sorted I've had no probs. I'm a member of the V-Due group and have also read the problems encountered, but I think a lot is due to the bikes not being set up right in the first place. Could be famous last words !!

Steve
jatexup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Speaking of V-Dues... Reply with quote

Kawasaki Newcastle had a V-Due for sale a while back and I'm fairly sure they didn't manage to sell it (although it's not currently in their showroom, I think it may belong to the proprietor, that's if he still has it of course).

Of interest, on wakling through Blackheath (south London) the other day, I came across a V-Due in a furniture shop!!! (I kid you not). This particular bike had ZERO (yes nought!) miles on the clock, had the fuel injection replaced with carbs, and following further interrogation, the owner also claimed to have a Corsa which he raced apparently. I don't know whether many other V-Due owners are so coy about their particular possessions - is this due to their reputation perhaps?
steveknowles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's like a lot of rare bikes. Some people buy them to enjoy and ride, others as an investment in the hope they'll appreciate in value. For instance how many Ducati desmoseidicis will actually be used ? I could of course be talking b*****ks.

Steve
jatexup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: V-Due Reply with quote

Hi,

I would personally only buy a bike to ride, not to store in the hope that it might appreciate in value one day (nice if it did, but not a prerequisite in my case - mind you, if only I'd kept my BSA Gold Star DBD34 that I bought for £159 in 1970....).

I actually like the V-Due a lot and reckon it's a very good bike once it's properly sorted (like many Bimotas). I asked the guy in Blackheath if his V-Due was for sale - unfortunately it wasn't, although he did say that he might be selling his race bike. In the meantime let's all enjoy what we've got with our various Bimotas - after all, we know why we want to own them and the pleasure (and sometimes pain) we get from them!

BTW, anyone at the recent London Motorcycle Show would hopefully begin to understand whyt we are so poassionate about Bimotas - the four new bikes on display (DB7, DB5R, DB6 & Tesi 3D) drew immense interest from visitors on the Saturday I was there.

John T.
steveknowles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly couldn't make it to the Excel, am going to go to Ally Pally on the Fri it starts, not sure if it'll be any good, used to be but it's been a few years since I last went.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: