Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 Wheels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpo83

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: SB6 Wheels Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there are any other wheels that can be fitted to the SB6.

Mine came with the 3 spoke Marchesini's, are Bimota wheels the same as GSXR or any other mass produced bike, or are they specific for Bimota.

Would i be correct in assuming the SB6, SB6R and SB8 wheels are interchangeable?

Cheers

Steve
jtl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wheels are magnesium alloy and specific for the sb6 bike. The service booklet actuallt specifies that the wheels and brake piping should be replaced every 2 years. Not sure at all if gsxr wheels will fit. Try find some from a sb6r. Ps i have an old warranty book, service book and instruction manual left from a sb6 that i crashed ten years ago. reg was n744 drf, frame number 707. Hope this helps
oily

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The later SB6 wheels are Antera(?) wheels and Levada 3 spoke Marchesini's will fit.
The early SB6 came fitted with 3 spke H section wheels.
All SB6 and SB6R wheels should be interchangeable.
I have a spare set of SB6R wheels if you fancy taking a second mortgage out Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: