Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6 DB5 Swingarm protector

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketrod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: DB6 DB5 Swingarm protector Reply with quote

Just asking again if anybody with a DB6 or a DB5 has an answer to the premature wear on the plastic swingarm protector on the bottom tube on the swingarm I am having to replace the protector every 1000klm or so I have tensioned the chain without any slack and I have given it around 40mm of play and the chain still rubs any help would be appreciated.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound an "odd one"...I have a Db6 that Ive done over 2000miles on recently over 2 trips, and no sign of any where at all on that swingarm protector...Would be a bit personal asking what you "weigh"..I'm no slim Jm, but no issue on either that bike or my DB5R...How much preload have you got set on the rear shock? Have you tried reseetting the shock for rebound and compression to the factory settings in the handbook? And lastly, how often do you lube your chain?
rocketrod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I weigh 80kg I have the preload adjuster on the rear wound fully compressed to reduce the suspension travel to help stop the rubbing I lube the chain regularly and only have 30mm of play in the chain with the bike on the rear stand probably only about 10mm of free play when I am sitting on the bike.
Lotus Elise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rocketrod wrote:
I weigh 80kg I have the preload adjuster on the rear wound fully compressed to reduce the suspension travel to help stop the rubbing I lube the chain regularly and only have 30mm of play in the chain with the bike on the rear stand probably only about 10mm of free play when I am sitting on the bike.

Can't you change riding height, i.e., the length of the damper?
If that screws up your geometry, you might play with the forks in the triple clamps. Seems you need more travel between chain and swing arm.
rocketrod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep already had a go at that the more you raise the ride height the closer it brings the chain up to the swingarm it is now on the minimum adjustment.
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the DB2, I fit the biggest front sprocket available, 16 or 17 tooth (from memory) and gear the rear sprocket accordingly.
It seems to have helped to stop the milling work at the swingarm pivot clamp, which had a few gouges in it when I got the bike.
The DB2 protector doesn't seem to protect that far foward !
all the best
Ian
rocketrod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Ian I was wondering if it is a design fault or just a problem with my bike it only has 2000klm on it but no body else seems to be experiencing the same problems with the same bike.

Thanks again.

Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: