Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 MIRRORS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: SB6 MIRRORS Reply with quote

Are the same as:

MITO

Commonly thought, the 916 mirrors fit. They do NOT fit

Wink
zombie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for the record the 916 mirror glass cerrtainly fits on the SB8R you pull out the old glass then snap in the 916 glass. There is a knuckle/ ball joint inside the mirror.

The plastic bit is not right though -- the profile of the join which connects onto the fairing is wrong its too steep.

Maybe the mirror is ok for other models -- quite sure the glass shape is the same for YB11 and SB8K maybe applies to SB6/7/6r and the other models that use this mirror type.

All the best
Zombie.
oily

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zombie wrote:
just for the record the 916 mirror glass cerrtainly fits on the SB8R you pull out the old glass then snap in the 916 glass. There is a knuckle/ ball joint inside the mirror.

The plastic bit is not right though -- the profile of the join which connects onto the fairing is wrong its too steep.

Maybe the mirror is ok for other models -- quite sure the glass shape is the same for YB11 and SB8K maybe applies to SB6/7/6r and the other models that use this mirror type.

All the best
Zombie.

Yep, dead right, I've got a 916 glass here and it's a dead ringer for the bimota item. It's the plastic case that doesn't fit. As you say, the profile is totaly different and also curved Wink

So let's get this right, The following Bimota's all use the same mirrors:
SB6
SB6R
SB7
SB8K
YB11
Anyone want to correct this list or add any more Question
Seven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:

So let's get this right, The following Bimota's all use the same mirrors:
SB6
SB6R
SB7
SB8K
YB11
Anyone want to correct this list or add any more Question

SB8R & SB8RS

Are you 100% certain about the Mito mirrors fitting? I've tried to purchase some original Bimota ones from the Factory but even they do not stock them any longer Shocked

The 916 bodies definitely do not fit as I purchased a pair from Flea Bay and they have 3 fixings at the end instead of the Bimota's 2, therefore requiring the drilling of an extra hole in my carbon fairing which I'm not prepared to do!
zombie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the numbers on the mirrors for SB8K/SB8RS/YB11 they are all the same. FAR02*48491EST02.

Got some non bimota mirrors as well, "ars auto 0246776" I can't remember their provenance but these are 748/mito and seem to fit, they are like this one....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-748-Left-Hand-Mirror-Red-Cagiva-Mito-125_W0QQitemZ390133439720QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item5ad5c3dce8

Bidding has ended on that item but Giovanni Moto on Ebay has a 748 mirror which looks like it should do the job.

Hope this helps.
zombie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops just looked at Giovanni's item and it won't fit! These look more like it...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cagiva-Mito-125-Brand-NEW-PAIR-mirrors-rear-view-50-Evo_W0QQitemZ400091288786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item5d274c94d2
Seven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zombie wrote:
Whoops just looked at Giovanni's item and it won't fit! These look more like it...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cagiva-Mito-125-Brand-NEW-PAIR-mirrors-rear-view-50-Evo_W0QQitemZ400091288786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item5d274c94d2

No they won't fit. On the original Bimota item there are two threads protruding from the mounting end which bolt up onto the fairing. The Mito mirrors have two prongs instead, so they require an extra bolt in the middle to secure them to the fairing...if you look closely you can see the middle thread hole in the mirror. You could fit them but would need to drill an extra hole which would result in 3 holes in the fairing over a 1.5 inch section, which could weaken it somewhat.

Sorry! Looks like we need to keep looking.... Rolling Eyes
oily

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mito mirrors DO fit the SB6 Wink
The SB6 fitting IS two prongs with a bolt in the middle. Same as the Mito Wink
Seven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Mito mirrors DO fit the SB6 Wink
The SB6 fitting IS two prongs with a bolt in the middle. Same as the Mito Wink

Borrocks Embarassed Serves me right for having an SB8 then...... Crying or Very sad
oily

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh....your giving up too soon.
wheres your sense of adventure
Have you got a decent picture of the buisness end of a SB8 mirror?
Maybe the two prongs screw out of the mito mirror and could be replaced with bolts or somthing.
would the hole spacings be right?
sapila racing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
ahhhh....your giving up too soon.
wheres your sense of adventure
Have you got a decent picture of the buisness end of a SB8 mirror?
Maybe the two prongs screw out of the mito mirror and could be replaced with bolts or somthing.
would the hole spacings be right?

I could check if the two prongs can be removed form the Mito mirrors as I have a pair at home.
Next week though as I'm in Romania until Friday.

They are exactly the same as the SB6 mirrors, the only difference being that insetad of the 'b' logo they have the little elefant.
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a volunteer. Well done Aris but it's a bit pointless until Seven comes back with dimensions/photo/drawing.
I was going to pull a mirror off my sb6 to check, but thought I'd wait until I knew what I was looking for.
The prongs must screw in/out otherwise they wouldn't be made from hexagonal bar (I think)
Wink
Seven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that I will be taking my mirrors off this weekend so I will be able to post some photos of the mounting ends and the fixings, along with the dimensions Very Happy

The bad news is that the reason for removing the mirrors is that I have noticed a hairline crack in the carbon fairing around the headlamp area, which even though it is practically invisible to the naked eye, I know it's there so it's bugging the hell out of me and I need to get it repaired and re-lacquered ASAP Sad
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I felt really sorry for you but at least it's easily repaired.
I then thought of the following joke and nearly wet myself Laughing

For some months now I have suspected my wife is having an affair. All the signs are there, she no longer wants sex, stays out most of the night and when i ask where she's been she just says "out with friends". Last night I decided to spy on her. When she came home I hid in the garage so I could see her get out of her car, I watched as she took her underware from the glovebox and put it back on, she then took her wedding ring out of her handbag and put it back on. I quietly peered around my bike for a better view, and it was then that my worst nightmare was confirmed. There's a small crack in the fairing just below the tank, do you think I can repair this myself or do i need professional help ?
Seven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that one before in a different guise, but it's still a cracker! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: