Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 MIRRORS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Seven
who is doing the repair?
I have a spare nose fairing that has a damaged air intake tube that could do with repairing.
sapila racing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven wrote:
The good news is that I will be taking my mirrors off this weekend so I will be able to post some photos of the mounting ends and the fixings, along with the dimensions Very Happy

The bad news is that the reason for removing the mirrors is that I have noticed a hairline crack in the carbon fairing around the headlamp area, which even though it is practically invisible to the naked eye, I know it's there so it's bugging the hell out of me and I need to get it repaired and re-lacquered ASAP Sad

Are you sure the fairing has a crack? Most hairline cracks in these costumes are just paint cracks due to thick paint finish and flex of the parts.
My spare SB7 red costume has some and my original SB6 also has a couple, but it is just the paint.
You could be lucky!
Seven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Seven
who is doing the repair?
I have a spare nose fairing that has a damaged air intake tube that could do with repairing.

A chap called Larry at http://www.illusionracepaint.co.uk/ based between Northampton & Milton Keynes. He's one of the top 10 bike sprayers / repairers in the UK and he recently resprayed & repaired my bellypan after it melted around the exhaust!

I was over there just before Xmas and he was repairing and re-lacquering an MV F4 CC (the £100k one!) full carbon fairing. It is owned by a barrister and the bike was damaged during transit. Larry has a special resin which he uses to repair the carbon, and can even paint the 'carbon weave' to match the rest of the fairing to ensure an invisible repair. He's always stacked with work and is currently working on 4 custom Harleys.

Price wise he is a relative bargain for the quality of work provided...£150 for the 3 SB8 bellypan panels and £100 for a respray on my R7 bellypan to remove the stone chips Very Happy
Seven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapila racing wrote:

Are you sure the fairing has a crack? Most hairline cracks in these costumes are just paint cracks due to thick paint finish and flex of the parts.
My spare SB7 red costume has some and my original SB6 also has a couple, but it is just the paint.
You could be lucky!

I wish I was lucky...unfortunately I had a slight accident in the garage and it is definitely a 'crack'. The carbon fairing has also twisted slightly which appears to have 'crazed' the lacquer so that will need to be rubbed down and re-applied Rolling Eyes
jonoft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Bimotas from 1992 onwards comes with the same type of mirror. They are made by FAR in Italy, have a small "b" logo, two prongs and a shearable center bolt. The same type of mirror is also used for the Cagiva Mito 125 and Sachs XTC 125, but then without the "b" logo.

The DB2 and SB8R/RS models comes with mirrors looking identical, but there are two threaded studs instead of prongs and a center bolt.

Regards
Jon
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Seven, where's these pictures and dimensions, I can't sleep at night worrying about your mirrors Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: