Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Vdue battery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Vdue battery Reply with quote

New lithium battery arrived for vdue over the w/e , talk about small and light .
Laughing
Just need to fix the sprag to get it running again so I can test it out Crying or Very sad

Although will have somewhere to put the sandwiches now as that battery box going to be mighty empty !!!!!!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going a different route on this...have 4 or five old mobile phones I'm going to link the batteries together...teehee
brian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a huge difference Stu. Batteries have come a long way in recent years.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and only 760 grammes , so a fraction of the weight. Big test will be starting the db4 though. Will see how they cope on the vdue first.
Bud977

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried a lithium SSB Powersports battery in my VFR400.

I use the '5' size for racing and it's a beauty. The '5' is suitable for starting a WR450, so the VFR is no trouble, and would probably even do the VDue.

Your battery is a '14' Stu, which is big, so you won't have any trouble.

When it was first delivered, I thought they forgot to put the battery in the box it was so light - 460gm.

They hold their charge for a long time, so no charging is required between rides.

Stick to the well known brands of lithium batteries and make sure your regulator is not overcharging the battery. They can set on fire. It happened a couple of meetings ago with a one day old battery.
Bud977

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried a lithium SSB Powersports battery in my VFR400.

I use the '5' size for racing and it's a beauty. The '5' is suitable for starting a WR450, so the VFR is no trouble, and would probably even do the VDue.

Your battery is a '14' Stu, which is big, so you won't have any trouble.

When it was first delivered, I thought they forgot to put the battery in the box it was so light - 460gm.

They hold their charge for a long time, so no charging is required between rides.

Stick to the well known brands of lithium batteries and make sure your regulator is not overcharging the battery. They can set on fire. It happened a couple of meetings ago with a one day old battery.
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will keep an eye on the regulator.

To be honest I thought the box was empty at 700g so 460g is unbelievable . Even opening the box was like a game of pass-the-parcel . Layer after layer of foam padding . Not to protect battery in transit but to pad out battery box on bike. Makes it even more fun trying to get to the battery !!!!!
Shorai site does say 14 will start a 1000cc twin so hopefully a 500 2 stroke will be no problem. Just need to fix the engine first.
851jim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu
How did the new battery perform?
Chris F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also thinking of changing mine for a lithium. Any feedback. Make, size type and so on...
Chris F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decided to get one myself. probably not going to be able to provide much feedback on it for a while as wrong time of of year really... Sad
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry chris, missed your sept post.Shorai battery is going well,needs a top up about every month if not used , but to be honest would probably start bike but don't want to damage it. I also bought the special charger even though a normal one will do. i have Shorai on a few bikes so easier just to cycle them on the special connector.
Matty82

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more recent feelings on these batteries. I'm gonna order one (lfx14) but if I can get a smaller one that works then great
SethG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs a big Lithium battery for sure, I tried a small (appropriate sized one) and it couldn't turn the starter.

My theory is that the starter is designed for a minimum amount of current, which is over provisioned, not sure though.
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers SethG. Just trying to keep the weight down really. Good price considering they shed 3 odd kilo's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: