Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB10 Mirrors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glened

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: DB10 Mirrors Reply with quote

Anyone out there had experience of the "floppy mirror" syndrome on the DB10. Finally got the bike running albeit lumpy and cuts out a lot, had a quick blast up to Scotland to run the bike in covered 1200 miles. Had a great time, the bike is fun with a capital F, however whenever you start using the bike how it is designed/meant to be used wheelie, twisty little single track road, jumping crests in the road and being a a bit of hooligan. the mirrors always end up drooping down. Has anyone had experience of this and if so how did you repair the fault/feature. I like the original mirrors and therefore I am reluctant to replace them at the moment.

Cheers Glen
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glened...glad they got it running at you know where...and some mileage already? Has the red service spanner not come on yet on the Koso Clocks? Supposed to come on after 1000Kms? If so theres a quick fix to sort it and reset it....the guys at you know where wont know how to but I can help there if needed...Not familiar with the mirrors on the Db10...or whether they are same as Db6...but I dont have an issue with those...If theres a rubber washer in the mirror to arm clamp part you could spray it with WD40...sounds odd...but this makes rubber expand and may take out some slack...other than that pull the "cover" down and see whether they can be tightened up at all, or spun through 360 to tighten? Maybe the left is mounted on the right and vice versa> so try swopping over....From recollection no one on here has a Db10 so it would be a LONG time waiting for a response...lots of people on here from around the world..but no one with a Db10...and certainly the only one in the UK for sure....Glad you're enjoying it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: