Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Is it just me...........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Is it just me........... Reply with quote

or does anyone else find it quite amazing that this forum has got over 130 members yet it's the same handfull of members posting.
I've noticed there are always loads of guests reading the posts so they are either members who can't be arsed to log in and contribute or genuine guests who can't be botherd to join because there arn't enough people contributing.
I personally find it quite sellfish of people coming here to sort through the posts, solve their problems and then not contribute.
Am I just having a bad day Laughing
KEITH, is there a facility on the forum to make certain sections of the forum (i.e. everthing except general chat) only available to members?
This might encourage more people to join at least.
Seems to me, this is how it works on other forums that I'm a member of.

RANT OVER Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find this true of most forums - I visit quite a few other bike forums and could probably recall 90% of the posters on them from memory. That said - you have to have something to say or ask - it's winter time and my Bimota has been off the road for a month now and I haven't laid a finger on it, so I haven't much to write or ask about.
Other forums busy themselves with idle chat - the inevitable (and tedious) "What are you wanting / getting for Xmas" threads are beginning to surface now. Although the 2-stroke forums I visit are always busy with bike-related issues (wonder why!) Very Happy
Restricting access to non-members comes over as elitist to me me, but is prevalant on a lot of forums. Some people are genuinely interested, but like to read, rather than participate. I run an open information website
http://www.sow-uk.org
the reason it's open to all is because there are so few of these bikes in the UK, I realised that membership and a forum would be a waste as traffic could only be expected to be sporadic at best. And so it has proved!
Statistically, 2 members posting on here (1.5% of membership) gives a better average than a website I visit that has over 10000 registered members and yet only attracts posts from 0.7% of them.

BTW - I would like a Tesi 3D Carbon for Xmas - you? Very Happy
oily

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what your saying is.... it is just me Laughing
All your points are taken on board and not all are agreed with.
Even a controversial thread like this only gets one reply, that smacks of fence sitting or apathy at the very least. Wink
For christmas, I'd settle for a SB8 Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good answer Geekay! Oily, its you... you grumpy old git... you sound like a 3 badge stoker on dog watch up channel night looking for stranded dolphins on the flight deck. Smile

p.s. make mine the new db!
oily

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO
Laughing Laughing Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dare to disagree? - your just being controversial for the sake of it, aren't you? Very Happy
case in point - here's a link to another forum I browse where the sound of tumbleweed is prevalant...........
http://www.srx400.co.uk/forum/

the clue is in the number of members - about the same as this forum. There are usually more "guests" browsing than members.
Which reminds me, whatever happened to Jo Guest?.................. Wink
oily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
you dare to disagree? - your just being controversial for the sake of it, aren't you

BUSTED...... Laughing
Yes to the first question and definatly yes to the second question.
I was hoping a few people would bite and get off their ass to reply but no.
I'll have to think of something more interesting to raise a bit of interest.
I've got it, I'll post about my sexual adventures with my sister Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: