Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB11 faster and faster feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: YB11 faster and faster feature Reply with quote

Yep it is a great but under-rated bimota these days....

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2007/03/down-memory-lane-bimota-yb11.html

For the record has anyone ever painted a YB11 in Vdue colours. The shape of the bodywork on the two bikes is very similar so a good way to get Vdue aesthetics anyway on the cheap?
who

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: YB11 faster and faster feature Reply with quote

zombie wrote:
Yep it is a great but under-rated bimota these days....

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2007/03/down-memory-lane-bimota-yb11.html

For the record has anyone ever painted a YB11 in Vdue colours. The shape of the bodywork on the two bikes is very similar so a good way to get Vdue aesthetics anyway on the cheap?

Yeah, i would say no to that!

The YB11 let's it self down for a couple of reasons in my mind. It was the end of the line for the YB series. With out a doubt it had the best engine and carb combination, and the frame was sweet, especially down at the swing arm area where the series needed some beefing

But Bimota chose not to give it adjustable steering rake, and the fixed head is chopperesque, if there ever was such a word... Rolling Eyes

I think it was just Bimota cashing in the last of their YB chips. I don't think they were ever raced? Cheers,
Ralph
bimotabob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair i haven't ever seen anyone change the steering angle via different collars in the steering head anyway.
Costs a lot for the bearings on the older YB's but they sit aligned so cheap bearings would have be fine.
More a spiel for the buying public.
who

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully all the older YB's came with the spherical bearings fitted, though they don't wear very well with oem grease and most bikes having sat around.

If you have an early YB, make sure you pull the triples, and clean and service the bearings!

As you can see I'm planning on playing with head angles. Interestingly enough, a lot of the motogp teams are raking out their bikes, because the Bridgestone's make so much grip, and they can afford the rake which gives stability at speed, without too much sacrifice in the turns.

I've been running English made Dunlop Ntechs, with a bike that is raked back to 24 degrees, and quite like it. I'm looking forward to playing around with the YB I'm building

bimotabob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere bimota only claim a degree of change available with a different offset collar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: