Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

My SB6 ready for the show tomorrow.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: My SB6 ready for the show tomorrow. Reply with quote

I have just spent the last 2 days detailing my bike, i have had some new metallic dark Grey stickers made, they suit the paint scheme much better.

I hate cleaning my bike, you see all the stone chips... Well it is better to ride them and enjoy them Very Happy

Cheers

Steve
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic... spin striping sets it off great. At least Oily knows what to do with his spare fairing set now! Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic... pin striping sets it off great. At least Oily knows what to do with his spare fairing set now! Laughing
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Duncan,

Trying to re do the 2 tone paint was going to be a nightmare, particularly around the mesh in the ducktail, so i decided to go solid colour with accent pinstipe, i like the way it turned out.

I only just put the Bimota stickers on the tank, before that very few people knew what it was.

Cheers

Steve
oily

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, That does look good. It's a credit to you. Is that a double bubble black screen on it?
If so, where did yo get it?
Dunc, It wouldn't be fair to Steve if I copied his paint scheme and it would probably make me look to sophisticated, so it would probably end up in it's original colours (black/red) which I'm not to keen on or more likely something sensitive like......TANGO ORANGE Laughing
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spotted oily, the screen is a custom black tinted bubble screen Very Happy

A local guy in Melbourne makes original style SB6 screens, so i visited him one day and simply asked if he could do a bubble screen. He was prepared to have a crack at it, and i am rapt with the result.

Don't look to close, the fairing is starting to show it's age, not to mention the scars from falling off the side stand. There are marks on the frame from when it has toppled over, and the lower 1/2 of the fairing has numerous stone chips.

When i bought the bike, it was a fairly average bike, 30,000klms and dirty. It was the thing that attracted me to it Shocked If it would have been a garage queen, i would have been to worried to ride it. This way, i get the best of both worlds, a great bike to ride, it was well sorted out, and a beautiful piece of motorcycle art.

I think the SB6, is a stunning bike, Marconi nailed it, following in Tamburini's footsteps must have been daunting. The clean elegant lines i don't think have been matched since, the YB11 comes close and the new DB's are Shocked Shocked But i do have a soft spot for the SB6

Here are a couple more pics..

This one is my favourite, except for the reflection of the Mazda...

I have a question for any of you SB6 owners, my fluid reservoirs are hanging off the worst looking bracket i have ever seen, either done for Aus ADR or the previous owner wanted them clear of the fairing, either way they are UGLY, what do your brackets look like??

Here are mine Embarassed

Here is a close up of the bars and controls, switchblock is a Honda CBR item !!!

Cheers

Steve
oily

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I'll try and get some pic's of the 6 and 6R reservoir brackets later today. I think yours have been modified to tuck them out of the way but it hasn't done any favours for the aesthetics Laughing
Now, more importantly, your screen. Do you think your guy would be up for making more?
I've been looking for a black bubble screen since I had my first SB6 and this is the first time I've ever seen one.
I'm sure he could sell a few of them Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at mine they come from factory at a very odd angle, out of the way of the clocks etc. but not ideal. Looks like someone made those brackets up to get them away from the fairing and get them horizontal rather then angled out...I dont think they look too bad? Certainly looks bespoke along with everything else. Very Happy
oily

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go Steve, Maybe these will help.
Firstly, a picture of Duncans bike

These are the 6R which I think is how the 6 comes from the factory, more or less

And these are my six which have been modified by the previous owner.
The clutch side brkt is almost certainly DUKUTI . Think I'll be changing them at some stage

Hope these help
Now....About that screen.......

Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I look at it I think Steves are a better option! Confused
oily

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No accounting for taste Dunc Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the clean lines for the bars... there are products with inbuilt billet reservoirs for the, pretty sure i saw them on a demonstrator at george Whites? I'll look it up, might be a tidy answer...
oily

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billet reservoirs are quite common in the custom world. Usually a lot smaller than the normal reservoirs. They just push into the master cylinder.
A much tidy'er option Wink
rpo83

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,

i may just look at getting a local toolmaker to mill me up some better looking versions of the ones i have, it convenient where they are.

I am so thankful i don't have to deal with the corrosion issues you guys do, has the 6R been out in the weather much??

In regards to the screens, shipping would probably be the biggest worry, though you could look at buying some in bulk for the UK guys and box them up well.

I can chase him up for you if you like, i'll get his email address for you.

I have just got back from the Festival of Italian bikes, i'll post some pics soon. It poured down with rain, but luckily we had about 2 hours of sunshine before the deluge restarted.

Cheers

Steve
oily

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain, in Oz Shocked
Now you know how we feel most days Laughing
As for the SB6R, well long story. Bought it a couple of years ago with 1500 miles on the clock. Been out of the garage twice since then. First time it was trailerd to a bike shop to be set up on the dyno because I'd spent best part of a year trying to get it running right. Then I did about twenty miles on it to test it. It ran great. Tried to start it a couple of months later and guess what, the basterd thing would'nt start and still won't despite stripping the carbs, changing the petrol etc. etc.. So, to answer your question, NO the 6r has never been out in the weather much Wink If I can't sort it soon, I keep threatening I'll break it.
As for the screens, if you could get his email address. that would be great Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: