Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bling a Ring Ding - Ducati series Bimota accessories
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Bling a Ring Ding - Ducati series Bimota accessories Reply with quote

From a very nice man on the Forum.....some ally bling for me Db5R and Db6R....balances up nicely with the similar Bimota Logo'd ally on the carbon clutch cover on both bikes...should balance the bike nicely now.... Laughing

Have told said man he should be marketting these babies for left hand side crankcase on Db series bikes...but I suppose other than the Mantra, theres only the Db5/6/7/8/9/10 series that have these crankcase exposed, and would be "lost" on any other Db model beneath the bodywork...Oh other than half faired Db2 and Db4??

Now once I've finished building my "ark" I can load up the Bimotas 2x2 and get these fitted after the 30 days and 30 nights of rain we're having.... Laughing
deebee4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bling a Ring Ding - Ducati series Bimota accessories Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
From a very nice man on the Forum.....some ally bling for me Db5R and Db6R....balances up nicely with the similar Bimota Logo'd ally on the carbon clutch cover on both bikes...should balance the bike nicely now.... Laughing

Have told said man he should be marketting these babies for left hand side crankcase on Db series bikes...but I suppose other than the Mantra, theres only the Db5/6/7/8/9/10 series that have these crankcase exposed, and would be "lost" on any other Db model beneath the bodywork...Oh other than half faired Db2 and Db4??

Now once I've finished building my "ark" I can load up the Bimotas 2x2 and get these fitted after the 30 days and 30 nights of rain we're having.... Laughing

Where can I get one of these?
SpikeC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in one of these as well!
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any regulars on the Forum will pick up the picture as its saved as someones Avatar....and the name gives a clue also....Isnt his day job...he's a busy man by all accounts...I'm sure any one with a "CNC" miller could replicate....back of plates have a circular groove also for rubber "O" ring seal....good and chunky and probably dont save weight, but sure look nice.... Laughing

Possibly if people find him, badger him and ask a price he may well get some more made??? Wink (oh it aint me by the way...mine would be made out of an old beer bottle top, with marker pen for the "b" logo, and then 2 dodgy offset fixing holes)

Last edited by 2bims on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I braved the weather whilst at home today and Played Musical Bikes in-between Rain Storms....little bid of Bad news for DeeBee4...the plates on left crank case have changed between the 900SS engine and Multistrada lump...so they will only fit DB5,6,7,8,9,10 onwards....

And heres DB6 style...

And with new one fitted

And now onto DB5R after moving bikes around again....Short rainstorm inbetween...

And the two together just to prove I've no spares left...(Vort...)

Hhmmmm....what next??
SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is up with your side stand? They are supposed to be like this aren't they?

1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a weird one Soike....Looks like a Ducati fit one that...albeit probably better engineered than the steel tube one on mine.....Same stand on my 5 as on the six, although 5 has alloy plate, 6 has carbon plate and other 5S and 6 Delirio have plastic plates...but all same black steel tube....Could be wrong but looks like yours has been changed for a Ducati unit....or if an early bike they fitted a Ducati one before they designed their own...as they do...if it aint broke...they try and fix it..
SpikeC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that I have ever seen one like this on a Ducati, tho....
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look next time I'm down my local Ducati Dealership Spike....does look familiar though for sure
CNC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve I'm glad that you like them... Looks better on yours R magnesium gold colour than on mine! So enjoy!!!
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers CNC, much appreciated.....also liked the milled finish on the backing plate, and the perfectly cut circular grrove to take the rubber o ring seal...made to measure...very happy with them.....Just need some of those nicely made Top yolk Numbered Plaques just to finish them off...I have seen someone in Italy that is listing very similar labelled plaques nut larger ones that fit in the traingular cut outs in the frame plates at the rear of the engine.....It may seem "tacky" bt Bimota should be nmbering their bikes with a little plaque...works well for Ducati...those baffoons that buy them pay extra for the exclusivity of No. 365 of 2000........ Laughing Hardly Limited Edition...
Corona

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh yer a bunch of tarts.........(envious DB4ie owner) Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Spike....finally think I've sussed where your side stand is from on your DB5R.....looks like a cut down version as fitted to Db7, Db8 and the new BB3...knew I'd seen that stand somewhere before as I used to own a DB7....same bolt fixing to engine casings but engine sits at a different angle, which is why yours looks "cut down" with the end plate re-welded back on....or maybe the old one broke at some time and they ordered a side stand and wrong one got sent....Or as was common with Bimota...they maybe ran out of the right one when putting the bike together and modified a DB7 one to fit...look at the eicma show posts and the DB7 and BB3 sidestands are the same...but without the cut down...I can now sleep soundly at night....
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I have been able to see, the ally holy side stands were fitted to everything except the Tesi from the 2008 model year. The lengths were modified to suit the application.
1965 Triumph T100SC
bidalot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys !

I'm looking for a CNC conver with Bimota logo like this, for my Mantra.

Where can I get one ?

It's better than a Ducati performance ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: