Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

KTM RC8R - Anyone got any experience of these???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: KTM RC8R - Anyone got any experience of these??? Reply with quote

Just thinking....whats a twin and slim and may fit in a recently created space in the garage....Looked at these several times...seem awfully cheap for what goes into them....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=ktm+rc+8+r&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=ktm+rc+8+r&_sacat=9800
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt the Performance Bikes editor has one on long term test and seems to like it a lot. They're very adjustable and even have track settings for the suspension under the seat. The only thing I don't like is the rear of it.
Have a look at at the ones from a KTM dealer and see if they have any offers on.
JRH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 2011 RC8 R, it's the first of the twin plug models. As already said, mega adjustable, it's got to be the most comfy sports bike ever. In amongst my Italian bikes, I sometimes wonder why I have it.... Then I ride it. On the right fuel it's putting out 175, and got the grunt of the pre Panigale Ducatis.
2nd hand prices are low now, so defo worth a punt.
Earlier (polished swinging arm) bikes can be plagued with sticky gearboxes, and the steering is not as sharp, but again they are about at good prices.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Guys...I do like the prices, and opinions...bit of a KTm Fan...and cant see why anyone pays the £20-25,000 that Panigales can cost dependant on spec...I'm hardly likely to take up racing or use at its full potential...but have liked them since they came out...always concious with KTM's like Ducs...can be very relaible, just ensure you stick to the servicing schedules....Hhmm...decisions...Did read a report where they balanced a RC8R against a Panigale S...ohlins equipped...and whilst they said the Pani may be marginally better...for more than double the cost it was a pure no brainer....
CNC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very comfortable bike (comparing to 916 make that "very" double)... I know a guy that have bad experience... Bought RC8 new and it developed oil leakage. I was one year around that original KTM garage admits that some series have porous aluminium casts. They changed whole block then and it was ok. Problem is you very hard spot with naked eye... so warm up and check for oil leaks.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers CNC...if I was buying I'd be doing so "new" anyhow...prices used to be realtively high in this country and fixed by KTM for selling to the dealer...then they released a load more at cut prices direct to public...they lost a lot of dealerships as they were stuck with bikes that they themselves had paid more for than the next batch being sold...some bad blood....With one of these I'd only buy new for the Warranty, "dealer" back up and theres not that much difference in price between old and new...some folk selling their second hand ones, that they bought at fullprice some £4,000 to £6,000 more than current dealers prices...shame for them really...trying to recoup monies that are just not going to come back...I suppose a bit like Bimota around the year 2000, some had bought new at full price...then during bankruptcy they were sold at half that.... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: