Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

How many DB5?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: How many DB5? Reply with quote

I see the DB5R listed as current production, I'm wondering how many have been produced and are they just using up supplies?
Does the serial number revert to 01 each model year or are they sequential?
Is this secret information?
1965 Triumph T100SC
CNC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last information on this question from Bimota side was very "loose". They said around 120...
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a question that produces a "loose" number....Frame numbers do have some form of logic to them nowadays though...the middle set of numbers denotes the year the frame was made, which could be back as far as 08/09...then theres an "R" for place of Manufacture, as in Rimini...and then the usual 3 zeros and a three digit number...No idea if a limited edition as such...Bimotas are always limited, either by how long they are in Business...if they get any orders....or they just have parts enough left over to make some more...I'd heard "28" for the DB5R..but who knows....In the UK theres 2 of them...one of which is the earlier DB5R with the 1000cc motor...I've seen the one for sale in the US, one for Sale in Germany, and another still for sale in Italy.....the one listed still for Ordering though is the DB5RE...which is not quite so special,,,has the tricolor scheme, but not the Ohlins front and rear or Oz racing Gold wheels...
SpikeC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My serial number ends in 037, and I see a biposto in the Swiss guys registry that also ends in 037. Different number sequence for different versions of DB5?
Of course, there is a biposto listed in the DB5 list which is separate from the DB5 Biposto list.........
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same 3 digit frame number didnt occur before 2006/7...after these years they also added year of manufacture of the frame, 07, 08, 09 ETC...so will be a different full frame number, even if last 3 digits can be the same, swiss register only records last 3 digits for privacy..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: