Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

v-due problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
widmyster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: v-due problem Reply with quote

hi to you all new member wondered if anyone could help with this problem my bike was fine when i put it away when i went to start it today it wont run without the choke on and even then it runs badly stripped and cleaned the carbs just the same checked the cables all ok when it stops running you can hear the coolent gurgleing even when the engines cold this seems odd as the coolent is correct level and type any advice would be greatly apreciated
SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long did it sit?
1965 Triumph T100SC
widmyster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi yes its only been sat for 8-10 weeks
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought my vdue it would not run without the choke, stripped the carbs a few times before I found one of the idle bleed holes had a lump of snot in it, ran fine after that. How well have you cleaned carbs ?
How many miles has vdue , was it just started and run before or did it get used ? Coolant it a bit of a bitch to bleed, is it getting warm or is there a blockage ?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidently its a carb conversion Vdue, and not the injected, do you always turn off the 2 stroke oil tank each time you park her up for any period? Always recomended as oil keeps dripping and this wont help the carbs if fullof 2 stroke and would part explain why only a rich fuel mix with choke on would help it to run...

Gurgling fluids sounds like an air blocakge, but again wouldnt stop it from running.

Plug change always a good idea if you've left the oil tank stop cock on "on"....fouled plugs aint going to help. Check also the 2 into 2 throttle cable...as one of the ends can "jump out" and thus not be feeding one of the carbs...

Normally I only use the choke to just get it fired and running without intermittent throttle response and then it gets switched straight off before setting off...and I dont generally run it on idel unless I'm ri=ding it as this can easily foul the plugs also...many questions, like how long you had the bike, has the Oil pump setting been correctly wound back as standard setting from factory is way off...is it still being run in?? etc etc
widmyster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hfield of info ...i have changed the plugs ,already done the oil pump setting checked the cables all good ive not used it hardly this year im guilty of that always turn oil tank and fuel tank off when not useing it .i have now bled the cooloing system found some air cured that carbs are off on the bench ill strip and double clean tomorrow let you know how it goes but theres progress i apreciate the advice guys ill write down what else to do and that can be done tomorow thanks again guys oh its run in done about a thousand miles now on it
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whereabouts are you widmyster?...not street name and number, but at least a country is nice to have information, at least that way we know what language or terms to use, I'm guessing uk or yank as you reference , miles....
widmyster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi im inlincolnshire uk ..i did the carbs this morning found a smaller jet down a tube after removeing a jet above it it wouldnt come out so soaked it in carb cleaner and blew it out with the air line did both carbs re-fitted and hey presto it runs better than when i bought it problem cured thanks for the help i carnt believe how different it is next chance i get when its dry its gonna have it...
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long you had her then ?
Is it a stock bike / EF or trofeo model?
Pictures !!! we like pictures !!!
widmyster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi had it about 2 years its a evo -corsa model i have just tryed to upload a picture but the file size was too big not sure how to do it do you have v-due if so what model do you have other bikes aswell ?
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Pictures are a bit hard, 2 options, load to photo bucket or such like, then get the URL off their site, hit the Img button on thread , paste URL in, hit the image button again.
OR
Compress using MS picture manager, hit upload image on forum header, upload compressed pic, copy link, go to thread hit Img button in thread window, paste link , hit Img* button again. Will look something like this

[img] photo link [/img]

Vdue EF10 - jolly moto , 125bhp model, had it about 18mths.

widmyster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thats beyond my ability no good with computers bike looks well i also have the carbon bellypan and jollys on mine they sound realy good did you have to upjet ?or did you buy it with them on ?
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine with the Jolly's , only pipes to have IMHO , just make the bike look the dogs nuts.
If you send a pick via PM I will load for you.
You have any other Bimota's or just the vdue.
Vdue's either seem to be Bimota nuts or 2 stroke nuts, only ones that seem to cross over.
851jim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu
Just noticed your wheels, did they come with the Due or did you source them?
widmyster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi im the latter 2 stoke nut i have rd500 and rg500 also 998 and f41000 i apreciate italian quality and 2 strokes what wheels do you have on yours they look realy nice realy nice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: