Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V Dues & tuning on the Dyno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help you there Brian...in that the Vdue is quite a wide and tall seat....and touching the ground for "shorties" may be an issue...so you can breath a sigh of relief there and murmur..."Darn it..." Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Shocked Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size is not an issue !!!Is it Shocked , please tell me its not ????

Come on Brian , go see one !!!! can send you a recording if you want !!!!!! Very Happy

Your in trouble , slippery slope it is !! Wink
brian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Size is not an issue !!!Is it Shocked , please tell me its not ????

Come on Brian , go see one !!!! can send you a recording if you want !!!!!! Very Happy

Your in trouble , slippery slope it is !! Wink

I've actually seen a sneaky video of your V-due running when you first got the twins home Wink

Never owned a 2 stroke motorcycle (yet), but never say never hey.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until my vdue arrived I had only had an RGV250 some 20yrs ago, and was not a 2-stroke person really.
Always liked the look of the vdue but was a bit concerned about the bimota engine bit and the injection history ( owed one of those in 1997 for about 10 minutes , returned for refund, sorry Bimota ) , got covinced to give an EF10 another go by Bimota Nige, and you seen the video , and can see the smile. Was grinning from ear to ear when she started !!! they are magic !!!! Even 2bims was convinced !!! You NEED one.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I do have to say....its a rare occurence for Vort to be smiling...he had the grin of a teenager that had just gotten "lucky" for the frst time with a lady......Such was the enjoyment of the starting of a Vdue... Laughing Shocked
Chris F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Until my vdue arrived I had only had an RGV250 some 20yrs ago, and was not a 2-stroke person really.
Always liked the look of the vdue but was a bit concerned about the bimota engine bit and the injection history ( owed one of those in 1997 for about 10 minutes , returned for refund, sorry Bimota ) , got covinced to give an EF10 another go by Bimota Nige, and you seen the video , and can see the smile. Was grinning from ear to ear when she started !!! they are magic !!!! Even 2bims was convinced !!! You NEED one.

Sorry but what's an EF10 then?
I've had a Vdue since 2006 and been following them since 97 when they came out and don't know of such a model.
I'm assuming the EF is Final Edition. So therefore this would be an EF 2005 surely? Or is EF10 some name made up on the forum for fun?
Was chatting to Peiro over the weekend strangely enough about various maps etc but he was saying there is not much if anything between my EVO with JM and the latest ones he was knocking out.
Also I think people are making way to much of the differences between the models. the map and exhausts make little difference from standard to JM/ECU and carb changes.
Good people are managing to get them MSVA'd ok as that means they can go on the road. Personally I'd have gone for a 2003/2005 reg date as gives more reg no's to play with especially the all important ones beginning with "V" Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a lesson in "semantics" really....as all of them were originally made between 1997 and 2001....as designated by the frame stickers.......In front of the "R" for place of manufacture (Rimini) is a letter....V for 1997, W for 1998, X for 1999, Y for 2000 and 1 for 2001....Evidently changes and rebuilds mean actual second fabrication could be different......EF10's are just the last last ones that Piero put together with all the final changes that were made to engine, top and bottom...and evidently carbs etc...

As regards MSVA/DVLA....its all down to what you tell them...as vehicles claimed to be over ten years old dont need MSVA tests...so its whether the new owner (first UK owner) wants an age related plate or not.As regards the "V" Plate.........this is supposed to be for vehicles registered between Sept 1999 and Feb 2000....but can be put onto any vehicle made after that if you buy a personal plate...it just cant be put on any vehicle made BEfore those dates...as DVLA consider you are trying to pass off an older vehicle as being newer than it is.........Although Car dealers do this all the time...Vin plates on "new stored cars" can be say 8 years old...yet at forst registration they market it as a new vehicle.......

Hope this clears things up......Jolly this...EF that...doesnt really matter as long as you are out riding and wringing its neck to the max....as thats what these bikes are made for.......Oh and they bring joy to others that see them whereever you go also...not for the shrinking violet owner as stopping at biker haunts can see you get mobbed and beaten up with question after question......... Laughing
Chris F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2bims. Am very familiar with the whole thing but no worries.
My question is really why do people call it an EF10. From speaking with Peiro and he basically make thems right, he hasn't even heard of it!
so really there is no such thing as an EF10 and I was wondering where it came about from and who started referring to it as that.
Yep, I know about the V plate so hence why I reg'd mine as a 2003, so I could have one. Must admit though I didn't know about the 10 year rule for the MSVA so that's something I've learnt today.
But as you say and must admit I agree, whether it's an EF10 or a VD99 doesn't really matter as long it's running, you're riding it and enjoying it...
Yes, I'm being harranged locally to get it running again so they can all ride behind it and take in the smell and listen to the noise! Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSVA thing comes from a DVLA Guidance sheet issued for their workers when it was all dealt with at a local level...I asked for a copy once as I was registering quite a few imports and didnt want to fall foul of the rules...or have myself being told something was wrong but that it was the person who was wrong....and crazy thing is...its a rolling ten years...not fixed to a specific date at some point in time......So after this its just a quick insurance cover note, run to your local friendly MOT garage for a coffee and chat whilst he enters details and prints off MOT...then forms in post to DVLA....Simps.......
SethG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris F wrote:
My question is really why do people call it an EF10. From speaking with Peiro and he basically make thems right, he hasn't even heard of it!
so really there is no such thing as an EF10 and I was wondering where it came about from and who started referring to it as that.
Yep, I know about the V plate so hence why I reg'd mine as a 2003, so I could have one. Must admit though I didn't know about the 10 year rule for the MSVA so that's something I've learnt today.
But as you say and must admit I agree, whether it's an EF10 or a VD99 doesn't really matter as long it's running, you're riding it and enjoying it...
Yes, I'm being harranged locally to get it running again so they can all ride behind it and take in the smell and listen to the noise! Smile

My understanding is that it's an abbreviation of Edizion Finale started in 2010.
Chris F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
The MSVA thing comes from a DVLA Guidance sheet issued for their workers when it was all dealt with at a local level...I asked for a copy once as I was registering quite a few imports and didnt want to fall foul of the rules...or have myself being told something was wrong but that it was the person who was wrong....and crazy thing is...its a rolling ten years...not fixed to a specific date at some point in time......So after this its just a quick insurance cover note, run to your local friendly MOT garage for a coffee and chat whilst he enters details and prints off MOT...then forms in post to DVLA....Simps.......

Yep, I found it really easy once I had done it. Funny thing was I could ride it to the MVSA station with an MOT and Insurance but no reg plate. How weird is that? Smile
Chris F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SethG wrote:
Chris F wrote:

My understanding is that it's an abbreviation of Edizion Finale started in 2010.

Could be wrong but the EF was a 2005/2006 project. My bike which I went over and picked up was pretty much a prototype as Peiro had fitted it with JM's but said I was using it mainly on the road to not take the remap which was basically designed for the track. He even offered to let me ride both the racing map and road map to see which I preferred. But then again my Italiano is piss poor and Peiro's English although a million times better than my Italian is not so great at times either... So lots of room for confusion and misunderstanding from both sides....
SethG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris F wrote:
SethG wrote:
Chris F wrote:

Could be wrong but the EF was a 2005/2006 project. My bike which I went over and picked up was pretty much a prototype as Peiro had fitted it with JM's but said I was using it mainly on the road to not take the remap which was basically designed for the track. He even offered to let me ride both the racing map and road map to see which I preferred. But then again my Italiano is piss poor and Peiro's English although a million times better than my Italian is not so great at times either... So lots of room for confusion and misunderstanding from both sides....

I believe that's the Evoluzione project. But yes, lots of confusion. 2bims has a unit count by model grouping somewhere.

Here's an example of the confusion, and I see where you're getting the EF confusion, Piero has no reference to the 2010 and has a Racing EF in 2004:

http://www.vdue.it/eng/intro.htm

And then there's another version, more current, that lists them on the Vdue USA site:

http://www.vdueusa.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: